The Cincinnati Reds (3-22) take a nine-game losing streak into a contest versus the Pittsburgh Pirates (10-13), at 6:40 PM ET on Friday.
The Reds (+100 underdog on the moneyline to win) hit the field versus the Pirates (-121). The Pirates will give the ball to JT Brubaker (0-2) versus the Reds and Connor Overton. The game’s total is set at 8.5.
Pirates vs. Reds Predictions
Pirates vs. Reds Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Pirates vs. Reds Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- In the last 10 games, Pittsburgh has not been the moneyline favorite.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Pirates combined with their opponents to go over the total five times.
- Pittsburgh’s record against the spread is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Cincinnati has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has won one of those contests.
- The Reds and their opponents have combined to hit the over eight times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Cincinnati has a record of 2-8-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Pirates vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: JT Brubaker
- When Brubaker starts, the Pirates are 3-2-0 against the spread.
- The Pirates were favored on the moneyline for one Brubaker start this season — they won.
- Brubaker’s team has won three of his five starts.
- Brubaker has had five starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and three of those matchups hit the over.
Projected starter: Connor Overton
- Overton helped his team cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Overton’s team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Overton with a total this season hit the under.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Daniel Vogelbach paces the Pirates with four home runs.
- Vogelbach’s home runs rank 32nd in MLB and he ranks 75th in RBI in MLB.
- Ben Gamel is hitting .279 with four doubles, a triple, a home run and nine walks.
- Gamel currently ranks 171st in home runs and 94th in RBI in the majors.
- Gamel has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .438 with two doubles, a triple, a walk and three RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes paces the Pirates with a team-high batting average of .312.
- Michael Chavis’ 12 runs batted in pace his team.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Tommy Pham leads Cincinnati in batting average (.247) and home runs (four) this season, while also chipping in with seven RBI.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Pham is 32nd in homers and 166th in RBI.
- Pham has hit safely in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with a double, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Brandon Drury leads Cincinnati in home runs with four and runs batted in with 10.
- Drury ranks 32nd in home runs and 94th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Drury enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .263 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
- Kyle Farmer is among the top hitters for Cincinnati with a .221 average and 10 RBI.
- Tyler Stephenson has 10 hits and an OBP of .356 to go with a slugging percentage of .500 this season.
Where To Watch Pirates vs. Reds
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.