The New York Yankees (17-7) host the Texas Rangers (10-14) to kick off a three-game series at Yankee Stadium, with first pitch at 7:05 PM ET on Friday. The Yankees are on the back of a series victory over the Blue Jays, and the Rangers a series win over the Phillies.
The Yankees are favored (-165 on the moneyline) when they square off against the Rangers (+145). The Yankees will give the ball to Gerrit Cole (2-0) against the Rangers and Glenn Otto (1-0). The game’s total is set at 6.5.
Yankees vs. Rangers Predictions
Yankees vs. Rangers Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Yankees vs. Rangers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York played as the moneyline favorite in nine of its last 10 games, and went 8-1 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Yankees and their opponents combined to hit the over six times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- New York’s ATS record is 7-3-0 over its past 10 games.
- In nine games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Texas has a record of 5-4.
- The Rangers and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Texas is 7-3-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Yankees vs. Rangers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Gerrit Cole
- The Yankees are 3-2-0 ATS in Cole’s five starts with a set spread.
- The Yankees have been the moneyline favorite in five of Cole’s starts this season, and they went 4-1 in those matchups.
- Cole’s team is 4-1 over his five starts.
- Cole has had five starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in three of those outings.
Projected starter: Glenn Otto
- Otto has a record of 2-0-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Otto’s team is 1-1 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Otto this season, the teams hit the over once.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Aaron Judge leads the Yankees in home runs (eight) and runs batted in (18).
- Judge’s home runs rank second in MLB and he ranks ninth in RBI in MLB.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .218 with four doubles, six home runs and 10 walks.
- Rizzo currently ranks 10th in home runs and 21st in RBI in the bigs.
- DJ LeMahieu has put up a team-high batting average of .288.
- LeMahieu brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .238 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa is hitting .284 with six doubles and five walks.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Adolis Garcia is batting .200 this season with a team-high four home runs and 18 RBI.
- Garcia ranks 32nd in homers and ninth in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Corey Seager is slugging .398 this season, with a team-best four homers while driving in 12 runs.
- Seager is 32nd in home runs and 56th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Jonah Heim has 12 hits this season and a slash line of .353/.476/.676.
- Nate Lowe leads Texas with a batting average of .293.
Where To Watch Yankees vs. Rangers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.