The Boston Red Sox (10-16) and Chicago White Sox (10-13) clash on Friday at 7:10 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Fenway Park.
The White Sox are an away underdog (+143) against the Red Sox (-164). The starting pitchers are Nathan Eovaldi (1-0) for the Boston Red Sox, and Vince Velasquez (1-2) for the Chicago White Sox. The game’s over/under is 8.5.
Red Sox vs. White Sox Predictions
Red Sox vs. White Sox Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Red Sox vs. White Sox Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Boston was the moneyline favorite for four of its last 10 games, and went 1-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Red Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total four times.
- Boston’s record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has been the underdog twice in the last 10 games and lost both contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the White Sox and their opponents are in their last 10 games with a total.
- Chicago has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Red Sox vs. White Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Nathan Eovaldi
- The Red Sox have gone 2-3-0 ATS in Eovaldi’s five starts with a set spread.
- The Red Sox are 2-1 in Eovaldi’s three starts this season with Boston as the moneyline favorite.
- Eovaldi’s team has a 2-3 record in his starts this season.
- Eovaldi has had five starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and two of those matchups finished over the total.
Projected starter: Vince Velasquez
- Velásquez’s team is 1-3-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Velásquez’s team is 2-2 when he starts this season.
- Out of Velásquez’s four starts with a total this season, two have hit the over.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Xander Bogaerts has racked up a team-high batting average of .354.
- Bogaerts ranks 98th in home runs and 94th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Bogaerts takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .263 with a double, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Rafael Devers’ four home runs pace his team.
- Devers ranks 32nd in homers and 94th in RBI this season.
- J.D. Martinez has a team-high 13 runs batted in.
- Martinez brings an eight-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is batting .350 with five doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has capitalized on opportunities as he leads his team with 13 runs batted in.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Tim Anderson leads Chicago with a .312 batting average. He’s also hit three homers and has eight RBI.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Anderson ranks 59th in home runs and 143rd in RBI.
- Jose Abreu has 19 hits and an OBP of .330 to go with a slugging percentage of .388 this season.
- Abreu ranks 59th among batters in the majors in home runs, and 143rd in RBI.
- Abreu heads into this matchup on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .278 with two home runs, five walks and four RBI.
- Luis Robert has 17 hits this season and a slash line of .266/.288/.453.
- Robert heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .400 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Yasmani Grandal has collected 11 hits this season and has an OBP of .266. He’s slugging .235 on the year.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. White Sox
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.