The Toronto Blue Jays (16-10) visit the Cleveland Guardians (11-13) to kick off a four-game series at Progressive Field, with first pitch at 6:10 PM ET on Thursday. The Blue Jays are on the back of a series defeat to the Yankees, and the Guardians a series split with the Padres.
The Guardians are an underdog (+127 moneyline odds) when they host the Blue Jays (-149). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Toronto Blue Jays looking to Jose Berrios (2-0), and Aaron Civale (0-2) answering the bell for the Cleveland Guardians. The contest has an over/under of 8.
Blue Jays vs. Guardians Predictions
Blue Jays vs. Guardians Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Blue Jays vs. Guardians Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Toronto has a 5-3 record across the eight games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Blue Jays and their opponents combined to go over the run total three times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Toronto’s record against the spread is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- In nine games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by oddsmakers, Cleveland has a record of 3-6.
- In their last 11 games with a total, the Guardians and their opponents have combined to hit the over seven times.
- Cleveland has wins against the spread in its last 11 chances.
Blue Jays vs. Guardians Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: José Berríos
- The Blue Jays have a 4-1-0 record against the spread in Berrios’ starts.
- The Blue Jays have played while favored on the moneyline for four of Berrios’ starts this season, and they won each time.
- Berrios’ five starts have all been victories for his team this season.
- Berrios has had five starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in two of those games.
Projected starter: Aaron Civale
- Civale’s team is 2-2-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- His team has won 33.3% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (1-2).
- Civale’s team has a 2-2 record in his starts this season.
- In the four games Civale has started this season, the teams combined to hit the over on the point total each time.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads the Blue Jays in home runs (six), runs batted in (17) and has racked up a team-best batting average of .286.
- Among hitters in baseball, Guerrero ranks ninth in home runs and 13th in RBI.
- Guerrero has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- George Springer has hit six home runs to pace his team.
- Springer ranks ninth in home runs among hitters in MLB and 52nd in RBI.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is batting .274 with seven doubles, two home runs and four walks.
- Matt Chapman is batting .220 with four doubles, five home runs and nine walks.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in home runs with seven, runs batted in with 29 and his batting average of .318 is also best on his team.
- Ramirez is fourth in home runs and first in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Owen Miller is batting .344 with an OBP of .425 and a slugging percentage of .590 this season.
- Miller ranks 95th overall in home runs and 139th in RBI this season.
- Myles Straw is slashing .272/.370/.348 this season for the Guardians.
- Steven Kwan has 20 hits and an OBP of .419 to go with a slugging percentage of .443 this season.
- Kwan takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with two RBI.
Where To Watch Blue Jays vs. Guardians
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.