The New York Rangers (52-24-6) have -138 moneyline odds to win when they host a matchup with the Pittsburgh Penguins (46-25-11), who have +116 moneyline odds, on Thursday at 7:00 PM ET. The Penguins are underdogs (+116) against the Rangers (-138).
Rangers vs. Penguins Predictions
Rangers vs. Penguins Betting Odds
Rangers vs. Penguins Betting Trends
- The Rangers are 33-15 record when listed as a moneyline favorite this season.
- New York is 23-10 (victorious in 69.7% of its games) when it has played with moneyline odds of -138 or shorter.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Rangers have an implied probability of 58.0% to win.
- The Rangers rank 15th in the league with 250 goals scored (3.0 per game).
- Defensively, the Rangers have been one of the stingiest squads in NHL action, allowing 204 total goals (just 2.5 per game) to rank second.
- This season the Penguins have 12 wins in the 23 games in which they’ve been an underdog.
- Pittsburgh has a record of 6-5 in games when sportsbooks list them +116 or longer on the moneyline.
- With 269 goals (3.3 per game), the Penguins have the NHL’s 11th-ranked offense.
- The Penguins’ total of 222 goals allowed (2.7 per game) is fourth in the NHL.
Rangers vs. Penguins Over/Under Trends
- New York and its opponent have combined for more than Thursday’s total of 5.5 goals 38 times this season.
- This season, 49 of Pittsburgh’s games have featured more than 5.5 goals.
- The over/under for this game (5.5) is 0.8 less than the combined scoring averages for the Rangers (3.05) and Penguins (3.28).
- This game’s over/under is 0.3 more than the 5.2 goals these two teams allow per game combined.
Rangers Team Leaders
- Artemi Panarin: 22 goals and 74 assists
- Mika Zibanejad: 30 goals and 52 assists
- Chris Kreider: 52 goals and 25 assists
- Igor Shesterkin: 36-13-4 record, .935 save percentage, 106 goals given up
Penguins Team Leaders
- Sidney Crosby: 31 goals and 53 assists
- Jake Guentzel: 40 goals and 44 assists
- Kris Letang: 10 goals and 58 assists
- Tristan Jarry: 34-18-6 record, .919 save percentage, 138 goals allowed
Where To Watch Rangers vs. Penguins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.