The Houston Astros (14-11) and Detroit Tigers (8-15) square off in the first of a four-game series on Thursday at Minute Maid Park, at 8:10 PM ET. The Astros are coming off a series victory over the Mariners, and the Tigers a series split with the Pirates.
The Astros are favored (-170 moneyline odds) when they take on the Tigers (+144). The scheduled starters are Jose Urquidy (2-1) for the Houston Astros, and Tarik Skubal (1-2) for the Detroit Tigers. The matchup has an over/under of 8.5 total runs.
Astros vs. Tigers Predictions
Astros vs. Tigers Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Astros vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston was the moneyline favorite for seven of its last 10 games, and finished 6-1 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Astros and their opponents combined to go over the total two times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Houston’s ATS record is 7-3-0 over its past 10 games.
- Detroit has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and won one of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Tigers and their opponents have failed to hit the over six times.
- Detroit is 2-8-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Astros vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: José Urquidy
- The Astros have gone 3-1-0 against the spread when Urquidy starts.
- The Astros were favored on the moneyline for two Urquidy starts this season — they split the games.
- Urquidy’s team has put together a 2-2 record over his four starts.
- Urquidy has started four games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in two of them.
Projected starter: Tarik Skubal
- Skubal and his team are 2-2-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team is 1-2 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Skubal’s team has won two of his four starts.
- In Skubal’s four starts with a total, the teams have hit the over three times.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Yordan Alvarez has a team-best eight home runs.
- Among batters in baseball, Alvarez ranks second in homers and 20th in RBI.
- Alvarez brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .250 with three home runs, four walks and four RBI.
- Alex Bregman has made the most of his opportunities as he paces his team with 16 runs batted in.
- Bregman ranks 32nd in homers and 17th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Kyle Tucker is hitting .247 with three doubles, four home runs and nine walks.
- Jeremy Pena is hitting .229 with three doubles, a triple, five home runs and seven walks.
- Pena takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .200 with two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Austin Meadows leads Detroit in runs batted in with 11 while batting .299, which is also best on the team.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Meadows’ home run total is 264th, and his RBI total is 72nd.
- Javier Baez leads Detroit in runs batted in (11) this season. He’s batting .250 while slugging .429.
- Baez currently is 95th in home runs and 72nd in RBI in the major leagues.
- Jeimer Candelario has collected 15 base hits, an OBP of .253 and a slugging percentage of .288 this season.
- Candelario has safely hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .353 with two doubles, a home run and an RBI.
- Robbie Grossman has collected 19 hits this season and has an OBP of .390. He’s slugging .328 on the year.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Tigers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.