Thursday’s NHL lineup features a matchup between the heavily favored Florida Panthers (58-18-6) and the Washington Capitals (44-26-12) at BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida. The Panthers are -249 on the moneyline to win at home against the Capitals (+204) in the game, which starts at 7:30 PM ET. Oddsmakers give the Panthers -249 odds on the moneyline in this matchup with the Capitals (+204).
Panthers vs. Capitals Predictions
Panthers vs. Capitals Betting Odds
Panthers vs. Capitals Betting Trends
- The Panthers have won 72.4% of their games when they’ve been a moneyline favorite this season (55-21).
- Florida is 22-6 (winning 78.6% of its games) when playing with moneyline odds of -249 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability in this game says the Panthers have a 71.3% chance to win.
- The Panthers are the top-scoring team in the NHL with 337 total goals (4.1 per game on seven assists per contest).
- Defensively, the Panthers are giving up 242 total goals (3.0 per game) to rank 12th in NHL play.
- The Capitals have secured an upset victory in 16, or 53.3%, of the 30 games they have played as an underdog this season.
- Washington has had moneyline odds of +204 or longer once this season and won that game.
- The Capitals’ 270 goals on the season (3.3 per game) rank them 10th in the NHL.
- The Capitals’ total of 242 goals conceded (3.0 per game) is 12th in the league.
Panthers vs. Capitals Over/Under Trends
- This season, Florida and its opponent have combined to outscore Thursday’s total of 6.5 goals 51 times.
- In Washington’s 84 games this season, 44 have finished with more goals than Thursday’s total of 6.5.
- These two teams combine for 7.4 goals per game, 0.9 more than the over/under for this contest.
- This game’s total is 0.6 more than the 5.9 goals these two teams concede per game combined.
Panthers Team Leaders
- Jonathan Huberdeau: 30 goals and 85 assists
- Aleksander Barkov Jr.: 39 goals and 49 assists
- Sam Reinhart: 33 goals and 51 assists
- Sergei Bobrovsky: 39-7-3 record, .912 save percentage, 137 goals conceded
Capitals Team Leaders
- Alex Ovechkin: 50 goals and 41 assists
- Evgeny Kuznetsov: 24 goals and 54 assists
- John Carlson: 17 goals and 54 assists
- Ilya Samsonov: 23-12-5 record, .896 save percentage, 119 goals given up
Where To Watch Panthers vs. Capitals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.