Thursday’s NHL lineup features a matchup between the heavily favored Florida Panthers (58-18-6) and the Washington Capitals (44-26-12) at BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida. The Panthers are -249 on the moneyline to win at home against the Capitals (+204) in the game, which starts at 7:30 PM ET. Oddsmakers give the Panthers -249 odds on the moneyline in this matchup with the Capitals (+204).
Panthers vs. Capitals Predictions
Panthers vs. Capitals Betting Odds
Panthers vs. Capitals Betting Trends
- The Panthers have won 72.4% of their games when they’ve been a moneyline favorite this season (55-21).
- Florida is 22-6 (winning 78.6% of its games) when playing with moneyline odds of -249 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probability in this game says the Panthers have a 71.3% chance to win.
- The Panthers are the top-scoring team in the NHL with 337 total goals (4.1 per game on seven assists per contest).
- Defensively, the Panthers are giving up 242 total goals (3.0 per game) to rank 12th in NHL play.
- The Capitals have secured an upset victory in 16, or 53.3%, of the 30 games they have played as an underdog this season.
- Washington has had moneyline odds of +204 or longer once this season and won that game.
- The Capitals’ 270 goals on the season (3.3 per game) rank them 10th in the NHL.
- The Capitals’ total of 242 goals conceded (3.0 per game) is 12th in the league.
Panthers vs. Capitals Over/Under Trends
- This season, Florida and its opponent have combined to outscore Thursday’s total of 6.5 goals 51 times.
- In Washington’s 84 games this season, 44 have finished with more goals than Thursday’s total of 6.5.
- These two teams combine for 7.4 goals per game, 0.9 more than the over/under for this contest.
- This game’s total is 0.6 more than the 5.9 goals these two teams concede per game combined.
Panthers Team Leaders
- Jonathan Huberdeau: 30 goals and 85 assists
- Aleksander Barkov Jr.: 39 goals and 49 assists
- Sam Reinhart: 33 goals and 51 assists
- Sergei Bobrovsky: 39-7-3 record, .912 save percentage, 137 goals conceded
Capitals Team Leaders
- Alex Ovechkin: 50 goals and 41 assists
- Evgeny Kuznetsov: 24 goals and 54 assists
- John Carlson: 17 goals and 54 assists
- Ilya Samsonov: 23-12-5 record, .896 save percentage, 119 goals given up
Where To Watch Panthers vs. Capitals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.