J.D. Martinez takes a two-game homer streak into the Boston Red Sox’s (10-14) game against the Los Angeles Angels (15-10) at 7:10 PM ET on Wednesday, at Fenway Park.
Both the Red Sox and the Angels have -109 odds on the moneyline to win this game. The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Boston Red Sox looking to Garrett Whitlock (1-1), and Reid Detmers (1-1) answering the bell for the Los Angeles Angels. The contest has an over/under of 9.
Red Sox vs. Angels Predictions
Red Sox vs. Angels Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Red Sox vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Boston has a 1-2 record across the three games it was moneyline favorites in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Red Sox and their opponents combined to go over the run total two times.
- Boston’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Los Angeles has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and won one of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Angels and their opponents have failed to hit the over seven times.
- Los Angeles has won of its last 10 games against the spread.
Red Sox vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Garrett Whitlock
- Whitlock has started two games with set spreads, and the Red Sox covered in both opportunities.
- The Red Sox have not been favored on the moneyline when Whitlock starts this season.
- His team lost both of the games he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Whitlock’s two starts with a total this season both went under.
Projected starter: Reid Detmers
- Detmers’ team is 2-2-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- This will be his first start this season with his team as the moneyline underdog.
- In games Detmers has started, his team is 2-2.
- Games started by Detmers have a 2-2-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers has hit a team-best four homers.
- In MLB action, Devers ranks 28th in home runs and 79th in RBI.
- Devers enters this matchup on a nine-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .310 with three doubles, a home run and two RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts’ .356 batting average leads his team.
- Bogaerts ranks 160th in homers and 104th in RBI among hitters in MLB.
- Martinez leads the Red Sox with 13 runs batted in.
- Martinez has safely hit in six games in a row. During his last 10 games he is hitting .351 with five doubles, two home runs, two walks and nine RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has made the most of his opportunities as he leads his team with 13 RBI.
- Verdugo takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .182 with .
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Mike Trout is batting .319 this season with six home runs, both tops among Los Angeles hitters.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Trout is eighth in homers and 64th in RBI.
- Taylor Ward is batting .371 with an OBP of .480 and a slugging percentage of .710 this season.
- Ward ranks 17th overall in homers and 38th in RBI this season.
- Shohei Ohtani has 22 hits this season and a slash line of .227/.279/.392.
- Anthony Rendon has collected 16 hits this season and has an OBP of .344. He’s slugging .370 on the year.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.