J.D. Martinez takes a two-game homer streak into the Boston Red Sox’s (10-14) game against the Los Angeles Angels (15-10) at 7:10 PM ET on Wednesday, at Fenway Park.
Both the Red Sox and the Angels have -109 odds on the moneyline to win this game. The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Boston Red Sox looking to Garrett Whitlock (1-1), and Reid Detmers (1-1) answering the bell for the Los Angeles Angels. The contest has an over/under of 9.
Red Sox vs. Angels Predictions
Red Sox vs. Angels Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Red Sox vs. Angels Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Boston has a 1-2 record across the three games it was moneyline favorites in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Red Sox and their opponents combined to go over the run total two times.
- Boston’s ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Los Angeles has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and won one of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Angels and their opponents have failed to hit the over seven times.
- Los Angeles has won of its last 10 games against the spread.
Red Sox vs. Angels Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Garrett Whitlock
- Whitlock has started two games with set spreads, and the Red Sox covered in both opportunities.
- The Red Sox have not been favored on the moneyline when Whitlock starts this season.
- His team lost both of the games he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Whitlock’s two starts with a total this season both went under.
Projected starter: Reid Detmers
- Detmers’ team is 2-2-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- This will be his first start this season with his team as the moneyline underdog.
- In games Detmers has started, his team is 2-2.
- Games started by Detmers have a 2-2-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers has hit a team-best four homers.
- In MLB action, Devers ranks 28th in home runs and 79th in RBI.
- Devers enters this matchup on a nine-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .310 with three doubles, a home run and two RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts’ .356 batting average leads his team.
- Bogaerts ranks 160th in homers and 104th in RBI among hitters in MLB.
- Martinez leads the Red Sox with 13 runs batted in.
- Martinez has safely hit in six games in a row. During his last 10 games he is hitting .351 with five doubles, two home runs, two walks and nine RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has made the most of his opportunities as he leads his team with 13 RBI.
- Verdugo takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .182 with .
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Mike Trout is batting .319 this season with six home runs, both tops among Los Angeles hitters.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Trout is eighth in homers and 64th in RBI.
- Taylor Ward is batting .371 with an OBP of .480 and a slugging percentage of .710 this season.
- Ward ranks 17th overall in homers and 38th in RBI this season.
- Shohei Ohtani has 22 hits this season and a slash line of .227/.279/.392.
- Anthony Rendon has collected 16 hits this season and has an OBP of .344. He’s slugging .370 on the year.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. Angels
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.