The San Diego Padres (15-8) and Cleveland Guardians (10-12) clash on Tuesday at 6:10 PM ET, beginning a two-game series at Progressive Field.
The Padres are a favorite (-150) at the Guardians (+130). The scheduled starters are Mike Clevinger for the San Diego Padres, and Zach Plesac (1-2) for the Cleveland Guardians. The total for the game is 7.5 total runs.
Padres vs. Guardians Predictions
Padres vs. Guardians Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Padres vs. Guardians Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego was the moneyline favorite for seven of its last 10 games, and finished 6-1 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Padres and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total six times.
- San Diego has a 7-3-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In eight games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Cleveland has a record of 1-7.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Guardians and their opponents are when it comes to hitting the over.
- Cleveland has a record of 4-6-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Padres vs. Guardians Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Mike Clevinger
- Clevinger and his team were underdogs on the moneyline in every game he pitched a season ago.
Projected starter: Zach Plesac
- Plesac and his team have a record of 2-2-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has won 25% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (1-3).
- Plesac’s team has a 1-3 record in his starts this season.
- In games Plesac has started this season, the teams are 2-2-0 at hitting the over.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado has a team-high 16 runs batted in.
- In MLB, Machado ranks 23rd in homers and eighth in RBI.
- Machado has hit safely in seven straight games. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .389 with two doubles, a home run, six walks and six RBI.
- Eric Hosmer’s .382 batting average leads his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Hosmer ranks 51st in homers and 21st in RBI.
- Hosmer has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .353 with two home runs, five walks and six RBI.
- Jurickson Profar has a team-best five home runs.
- Jake Cronenworth is hitting .214 with two doubles, two triples, two home runs and 14 walks.
- Cronenworth heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .227 with a double, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in home runs with seven, runs batted in with 28 and his batting average of .341 is also best on his team.
- In all of MLB, Ramirez is second in home runs and first in RBI.
- Myles Straw has 24 hits and an OBP of .388 to go with a slugging percentage of .373 this season.
- Straw is 263rd among batters in the majors in homers, and 265th in RBI.
- Straw has hit safely in four straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .353 with three doubles, five walks and an RBI.
- Owen Miller has collected 20 base hits, an OBP of .444 and a slugging percentage of .660 this season.
- Steven Kwan has collected 18 hits this season and has an OBP of .439. He’s slugging .472 on the year.
- Kwan has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a double.
Where To Watch Padres vs. Guardians
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.