The Detroit Tigers (7-14) and Pittsburgh Pirates (9-12) square off on Tuesday at 7:10 PM ET, opening a two-game series at Comerica Park.
The Tigers are a home favorite (-160) against the Pirates (+140). The Tigers will start Michael Pineda (1-1) against the Pirates and Bryse Wilson. The over/under for the game is set at 7.5 total runs.
Tigers vs. Pirates Predictions
Tigers vs. Pirates Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Tigers vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Detroit played as the moneyline favorite in three of its last 10 games, and finished 1-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Tigers and their opponents combined to hit the over four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Detroit’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Pittsburgh has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 4-6 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Pirates and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- Pittsburgh has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Tigers vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Michael Pineda
- Pineda has started two games with set spreads, and the Tigers went 1-1-0.
- The Tigers have not been a moneyline favorite when Pineda starts this season.
- His team split the two games he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Pineda’s two starts with a total this season both went under.
Projected starter: Bryse Wilson
- Wilson’s team has covered the spread in each of the three opportunities this season.
- His team is 2-0 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Wilson’s team is undefeated in the three games he’s started this season.
- In Wilson’s three starts with a total, the teams have hit the over two times.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Austin Meadows leads the Tigers in runs batted in (11) and has a team-best batting average of .319.
- Among all batters in baseball, Meadows’ home run total ranks 263rd and his RBI tally ranks 60th.
- Meadows has hit safely in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .300 with two walks and two RBI.
- Javier Baez has totaled 11 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Baez currently ranks 82nd in homers and 60th in RBI in the majors.
- Baez heads into this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .273 with two doubles, a walk and three RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson paces the Tigers with three home runs.
- Robbie Grossman is hitting .288 with two doubles and 11 walks.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Ke’Bryan Hayes leads Pittsburgh with a batting average of .343.
- Hayes’ home run total ranks 263rd in the big leagues, and he is 167th in RBI.
- Hayes brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .389 with a double, three walks and two RBI.
- Michael Chavis is batting .302 this season with a team-high three home runs and 12 RBI.
- Chavis is 51st in homers and 41st in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Daniel Vogelbach leads Pittsburgh in home runs with three. He’s driven in eight runs and is slugging .500.
- Ben Gamel is batting .233 with an OBP of .324 and a slugging percentage of .333 this season.
Where To Watch Tigers vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.