The Colorado Rockies (13-9) and Washington Nationals (8-16) square off in the first of a three-game series on Tuesday at Coors Field, at 8:40 PM ET. The Rockies are coming off a series victory over the Reds, and the Nationals a series win over the Giants.
The Nationals are an underdog (+135 moneyline odds to win) when they take on the Rockies (-155). The Rockies will give the ball to German Marquez (0-1) against the Nationals and Erick Fedde (1-2). The game’s over/under is 10.5.
Rockies vs. Nationals Predictions
Rockies vs. Nationals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Rockies vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Colorado played as the moneyline favorite for three of its last 10 games, and won all of them.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Rockies combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total seven times.
- Colorado’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Washington has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- Washington has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Rockies vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Germán Márquez
- When Marquez starts, the Rockies have gone 1-3-0 against the spread.
- The Rockies were favored on the moneyline for one Marquez start this season — they won.
- Over Marquez’s four starts, his team is 2-2.
- Marquez’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in three of four games.
Projected starter: Erick Fedde
- Fedde and his team are 3-1-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 2-1.
- Fedde’s team has won two of his four starts.
- Games started by Fedde have a 1-2-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Rockies Batting Leaders
- C.J. Cron leads the Rockies in home runs (eight) and runs batted in (21).
- In MLB action, Cron ranks first in homers and second in RBI.
- Connor Joe has five doubles, a triple, four home runs and 11 walks while hitting .282.
- Joe currently ranks 23rd in home runs and 114th in RBI in the majors.
- Charlie Blackmon is batting .257 with five doubles, four home runs and seven walks.
- Blackmon takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Randal Grichuk’s .354 batting average leads his team.
- Grichuk has hit safely in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a home run, a walk and five RBI.
Rockies Batting Leaders
- Josh Bell leads Washington in batting average (.351) and runs batted in (15) this season.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Bell’s home run total is 82nd, and his RBI total is 11th.
- Juan Soto is slugging .440 this season, with a team-best four homers while driving in five runs.
- Soto is 23rd among batters in the majors in home runs, and 198th in RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez has collected 28 base hits, an OBP of .306 and a slugging percentage of .330 this season.
- Hernandez brings an eight-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .310 with three doubles, two walks and three RBI.
- Yadiel Hernandez has 18 hits and an OBP of .368 to go with a slugging percentage of .509 this season.
- Yadiel Hernandez has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .350 with four doubles, a walk and six RBI.
Where To Watch Rockies vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.