The Colorado Rockies (13-9) and Washington Nationals (8-16) square off in the first of a three-game series on Tuesday at Coors Field, at 8:40 PM ET. The Rockies are coming off a series victory over the Reds, and the Nationals a series win over the Giants.
The Nationals are an underdog (+135 moneyline odds to win) when they take on the Rockies (-155). The Rockies will give the ball to German Marquez (0-1) against the Nationals and Erick Fedde (1-2). The game’s over/under is 10.5.
Rockies vs. Nationals Predictions
Rockies vs. Nationals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Rockies vs. Nationals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Colorado played as the moneyline favorite for three of its last 10 games, and won all of them.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Rockies combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total seven times.
- Colorado’s ATS record is 4-6-0 over its past 10 games.
- Washington has played as the underdog in nine of its past 10 games and has won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- Washington has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Rockies vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Germán Márquez
- When Marquez starts, the Rockies have gone 1-3-0 against the spread.
- The Rockies were favored on the moneyline for one Marquez start this season — they won.
- Over Marquez’s four starts, his team is 2-2.
- Marquez’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in three of four games.
Projected starter: Erick Fedde
- Fedde and his team are 3-1-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 2-1.
- Fedde’s team has won two of his four starts.
- Games started by Fedde have a 1-2-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Rockies Batting Leaders
- C.J. Cron leads the Rockies in home runs (eight) and runs batted in (21).
- In MLB action, Cron ranks first in homers and second in RBI.
- Connor Joe has five doubles, a triple, four home runs and 11 walks while hitting .282.
- Joe currently ranks 23rd in home runs and 114th in RBI in the majors.
- Charlie Blackmon is batting .257 with five doubles, four home runs and seven walks.
- Blackmon takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Randal Grichuk’s .354 batting average leads his team.
- Grichuk has hit safely in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a home run, a walk and five RBI.
Rockies Batting Leaders
- Josh Bell leads Washington in batting average (.351) and runs batted in (15) this season.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Bell’s home run total is 82nd, and his RBI total is 11th.
- Juan Soto is slugging .440 this season, with a team-best four homers while driving in five runs.
- Soto is 23rd among batters in the majors in home runs, and 198th in RBI.
- Cesar Hernandez has collected 28 base hits, an OBP of .306 and a slugging percentage of .330 this season.
- Hernandez brings an eight-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .310 with three doubles, two walks and three RBI.
- Yadiel Hernandez has 18 hits and an OBP of .368 to go with a slugging percentage of .509 this season.
- Yadiel Hernandez has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .350 with four doubles, a walk and six RBI.
Where To Watch Rockies vs. Nationals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.