The Chicago White Sox (9-13) and Chicago Cubs (9-13) square off in the first of a two-game series on Tuesday at Wrigley Field, at 7:40 PM ET. The White Sox are coming off a series split with the Angels, and the Cubs a series loss to the Brewers.
The White Sox are a favorite (-144) at the Cubs (+123). The scheduled starters are Michael Kopech for the Chicago White Sox, and Drew Smyly (1-2) for the Chicago Cubs.
White Sox vs. Cubs Predictions
White Sox vs. Cubs Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
White Sox vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- The White Sox went 3-5 over the eight games they were moneyline favorites in their last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the White Sox and their opponents combined to hit the over four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- The White Sox have a 4-6-0 record against the spread over their past 10 games.
- The Cubs have played as the underdog in six of their past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cubs and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- The Cubs have wins against the spread in their last 10 chances.
White Sox vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Michael Kopech
- The White Sox have a 1-3-0 record against the spread in Kopech’s starts.
- The White Sox have been the moneyline favorite in four of Kopech’s starts this season, and they went 2-2 in those matchups.
- Kopech’s team is 2-2 over his four starts.
- Kopech’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in one of four contests.
Projected starter: Drew Smyly
- Smyly and his team are 1-3-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Smyly’s team has a 2-2 record in his starts this season.
- The teams have not yet hit the over in any of the four games Smyly has started this season.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Tim Anderson leads the White Sox with a .329 batting average.
- In MLB, Anderson ranks 51st in homers and 114th in RBI.
- Anderson heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .381 with a double, a home run and two RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has shown his power as he leads his team with four home runs and 12 RBI.
- Among all MLB batters, Vaughn ranks 23rd in homers and 41st in RBI.
- Luis Robert is hitting .246 with two doubles, three home runs and a walk.
- Robert has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .381 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
- Jose Abreu is hitting .224 with three doubles, two home runs and 10 walks.
- Abreu heads into this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .294 with three walks and an RBI.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Seiya Suzuki is batting .278 this season with a team-high four home runs and 15 RBI.
- Suzuki is 23rd in home runs and 11th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Ian Happ’s batting average of .303 leads all Chicago hitters this season.
- Happ ranks 82nd overall in homers and 60th in RBI this season.
- Willson Contreras has 17 hits this season and a slash line of .250/.354/.426.
- Patrick Wisdom is slugging .514 this season, with a team-best four homers while driving in 14 runs.
- Wisdom enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .263 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
Where To Watch White Sox vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.