The Florida Panthers (58-18-6) have -221 moneyline odds to win when they host the Washington Capitals (44-26-12), who have +179 odds, on Tuesday, May 3 at 7:30 PM ET. Oddsmakers list the Capitals as the underdog in this matchup, giving them +179 moneyline odds against the Panthers (-221).
Panthers vs. Capitals Predictions
Panthers vs. Capitals Betting Odds
Panthers vs. Capitals Betting Trends
- The Panthers have won 74.3% of their games when they’ve been a moneyline favorite this season (55-19).
- Florida is 26-5 (winning 83.9% of its games) when playing with moneyline odds of -221 or shorter.
- Based on the moneyline in this matchup, the Panthers’ implied win probability is 68.8%.
- The Panthers lead the league with 337 total goals (4.1 per game).
- The Panthers rank 12th in goals against, giving up 242 total goals (3.0 per game) in league action.
- The Capitals have been made the underdog 28 times this season, and upset their opponent 14 times.
- Washington has not been a longer moneyline underdog than the +179 odds on them winning this game.
- With 270 goals (3.3 per game), the Capitals have the league’s 10th-best offense.
- The Capitals give up 3.0 goals per game (242 in total), 12th in the league.
Panthers vs. Capitals Over/Under Trends
- Florida and its opponent have combined to outscore Tuesday’s total (6.5 goals) 51 times this season.
- So far this season, 44 games Washington has played finished with over 6.5 goals.
- The total for this game (6.5) is 0.9 less than the combined scoring averages for the Panthers (4.11) and Capitals (3.29).
- The 5.9 goals per game these two teams allow are 0.6 less than the over/under set for this contest.
Panthers Team Leaders
- Jonathan Huberdeau: 30 goals and 85 assists
- Aleksander Barkov Jr.: 39 goals and 49 assists
- Sam Reinhart: 33 goals and 51 assists
- Sergei Bobrovsky: 39-7-3 record, .912 save percentage, 137 goals given up
Capitals Team Leaders
- Alex Ovechkin: 50 goals and 41 assists
- Evgeny Kuznetsov: 24 goals and 54 assists
- John Carlson: 17 goals and 54 assists
- Ilya Samsonov: 23-12-5 record, .896 save percentage, 119 goals allowed
Where To Watch Panthers vs. Capitals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.