Another positive week of picks going 3-1. We had NINE goals in the NYCFC vs Toronto game as that was just an exciting no sweat win for us. Philadelphia and Los Angeles FC still remain atop their conferences after Philadelphia drew 1-1 and LAFC pulled off a late winner to beat Cincinnati on the road. Let’s get into week 10 and we are definitely going to continue to stay hot!
Montreal vs Atlanta United
Date/Time: Saturday (4/30) @ 4:00PM EST
- Both these teams have a history of high-scoring games when facing off. Montreal has been struggling defensively this season as they have failed yet to keep a clean sheet and are conceding 2.12 goals a game. Their offense however has been finding the net in bunches of late. They have scored 2+ goals in four of their last five matches. They are averaging 1.75 goals a game with 13 of their 14 goals coming from open play.
— CF Montréal (@cfmontreal) April 23, 2022
- The only other goal was a penalty and they have yet to score on a set piece or a free-kick. Atlanta’s defense has been up and down this season. They are definitely a better team at home and have struggled a little on the road conceding just over one goal a game. They have only kept two clean sheets in eight matches and are scoring an average of 1.25 goals per match. There are injury concerns on the Atlanta side with their starting keeper and leading attacker both out.
H2H Stat: Last three meetings have seen both teams find the net and 3+ goals.
Pick: BTTS (Both Teams To Score)/Over 2.5 Goals (+105)
New England vs Inter Miami
Date/Time: Saturday (4/30) @ 7:30PM EST
- Once again another matchup where both defenses have struggled this season. New England has not kept a clean sheet in seven straight matches and is conceding two goals per game this year. They are not the same New England team that finished first in their conference last year that’s for sure. Their offense however has stayed consistent averaging 1.5 goals per match this season.
Henry Kessler finds the back of the net to score his first goal of the season pic.twitter.com/LG8fkGogPG
— New England Revolution (@NERevolution) April 24, 2022
- They averaged just under that last year. They have scored two goals in three straight games and have only won one of those games. Inter Miami is just a scrappy team that always seems to hang around and always seems to get a goal when they need it. They too are conceding an average of two goals a game this season and have only kept two clean sheets all year. They are scoring just over a goal a game and like I said, just always seem the be hanging around every match. They have won four straight games and are coming into this match full of confidence.
H2H Stat: They have only played three times (Miami has won 2 of 3) and these teams are much different than those matchups.
Pick: BTTS (Both Teams To Score) (-130)
New York City FC vs San Jose
Date/Time: Sunday (5/1) @ 1:00PM EST
- These two team’s games this season have just been full of goals. Let’s get right into these stats because they tell it all. New York City FC is averaging 2.29 goals per match, is conceding 1.43 goals per match, and has only kept two clean sheets this season.
— New York City Football Club (@NYCFC) April 24, 2022
- San Jose is averaging 1.9 goals per match, conceding 2.5 goals per match, and has not kept a clean sheet yet this season. San Jose has conceded the most penalties this season with three and has been awarded the most penalties this season with three. New York City FC has created 18 big chances this season which ranks 2nd in MLS. This match just has goals written all over it and I am going to absolutely attack this game.
H2H Stat: Four of their five matchups have seen both teams score and 3+ goals.
Pick: BTTS/Over 2.5 Goals (-115)
Los Angeles FC vs Minnesota
Date/Time: Sunday (5/1) @ 10:00PM EST
- This should be a very good match to watch. Los Angeles FC has been by far the best team in MLS this season and Minnesota is no slouch. As good as Los Angeles FC have been, they have not kept a clean sheet in six straight matches. I expect that streak to continue as Minnesota is another team that always seems to stick around and can get a goal if needed or can sit back and stack the box.
— LAFC (@LAFC) April 24, 2022
- Minnesota has not lost to Los Angeles FC in their last five meetings and has one of the top goalies in MLS right now in St. Clair. It is going to be a tough task for the visitors to slow down an attack averaging 2.38 goals a game and have scored in every game this season. I am very excited to watch this matchup and I’m expecting chances on both ends and could see something amazing!
H2H Stat: Both Teams To Score has hit in the last three matchups between these two.
Pick: BTTS (Both Teams To Score) (-130)