The Oakland Athletics (10-10) host the Cleveland Guardians (8-12) at 4:07 PM ET on Saturday.
The Athletics play as a home underdog (+139) against the Guardians (-163). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Cleveland Guardians looking to Shane Bieber (1-1), and Cole Irvin (2-1) taking the ball for the Oakland Athletics. The over/under for this game is set at 6.5.
Guardians vs. Athletics Predictions
Guardians vs. Athletics Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Guardians vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Cleveland was listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers just twice over the last 10 games, and won both matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Guardians and their opponents combined to go over the total five times (11 of the 10 games had set totals).
- Cleveland’s record against the spread is 3-8-0 over its past 10 games.
- Oakland has played as the underdog in four of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Athletics and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- Over its last 10 games, Oakland is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Guardians vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Shane Bieber
- The Guardians are 2-2-0 ATS in Bieber’s four starts that had a set spread.
- The Guardians were favored on the moneyline for two Bieber starts this season — they split the games.
- Bieber’s team has a 2-2 record in his four starts.
- Bieber has had four starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and two of those games finished over the total.
Projected starter: Cole Irvin
- Irvin and his team are 2-2-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team has won 66.7% of his starts when they are underdogs on the moneyline (2-1).
- Irvin’s team has won three of his four starts this season.
- Out of Irvin’s four starts with a total this season, one has hit the over.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez has a team-high batting average of .360, while pacing the Guardians in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (28).
- In MLB play, Ramirez ranks first in homers and first in RBI.
- Ramirez has safely hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .353 with two doubles, three home runs, four walks and eight RBI.
- Myles Straw is hitting .289 with five doubles, a triple and 12 walks.
- Straw ranks 254th in home runs among hitters in MLB play and 253rd in RBI.
- Straw heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with three doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Owen Miller is batting .404 with nine doubles, two home runs and six walks.
- Steven Kwan has five doubles, a triple and nine walks while batting .341.
Guardians Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland in home runs (four) and runs batted in (14) this season while batting .218.
- In all of MLB, Murphy is 18th in homers and 14th in RBI.
- Sheldon Neuse leads Oakland in batting with a .328 average.
- Among all major league batters, Neuse is 144th in home runs and 29th in RBI.
- Tony Kemp has 17 hits this season and a slash line of .262/.355/.292.
- Kemp brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .188 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Elvis Andrus has 13 hits and an OBP of .301 to go with a slugging percentage of .312 this season.
- Andrus enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .118 with a walk.
Where To Watch Guardians vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.