The San Diego Padres (13-7) aim to add on to their three-game winning streak when they square off against the Pittsburgh Pirates (8-10) on Friday at 6:35 PM ET, at PNC Park.
The Pirates are an underdog (+146 on the moneyline) when they square off against the Padres (-169). The Padres will give the ball to Yu Darvish (1-1) versus the Pirates and Zach Thompson (0-2). The game’s total is 7.5.
Padres vs. Pirates Predictions
Padres vs. Pirates Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Padres vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Diego won all of the seven games it played as a moneyline favorite over their last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Padres and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- San Diego’s ATS record is 7-3-0 over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Pittsburgh has a record of 4-6.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Pirates and their opponents have failed to hit the over eight times.
- Over its last 10 games, Pittsburgh is 5-5-0 against the spread.
Padres vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Yu Darvish
- When Darvish starts, the Padres have gone 1-3-0 against the spread.
- The Padres were named the moneyline favorite for two Darvish starts this season — they split the games.
- Darvish’s team has compiled a 2-2 record in his four starts.
- Darvish has had four starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and one of those matchups finished over the total.
Projected starter: Zach Thompson
- Thompson and his team have a record of 1-2-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has been victorious in 33.3% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 1-2.
- In games Thompson has started, his team is 1-2.
- In Thompson’s three starts with a total, the teams have hit the over one time.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado is hitting .395 with seven doubles, three home runs and nine walks.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Machado’s home run total ranks 34th and his RBI tally ranks 21st.
- Machado has safely hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .526 with two doubles, three walks and two RBI.
- Jurickson Profar has hit five home runs with 15 runs batted in. Both lead his team.
- Profar ranks sixth in home runs among hitters in MLB action and sixth in RBI.
- Eric Hosmer paces the Padres with a team-high batting average of .415.
- Hosmer has hit safely in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .500 with two home runs, five walks and six RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth has a double, two triples, a home run and 12 walks while hitting .197.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Ke’Bryan Hayes leads Pittsburgh with a .339 batting average.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Hayes is 242nd in homers and 165th in RBI.
- Daniel Vogelbach leads Pittsburgh in home runs with three while driving in six runs and slugging .537.
- Vogelbach is 34th among hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 137th in RBI.
- Vogelbach enters this game on an eight-game hitting streak. In his last 10 outings he is batting .278 with two doubles, two home runs, five walks and four RBI.
- Ben Gamel is slashing .231/.333/.327 this season for the Pirates.
- Gamel takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .200 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Michael Chavis is a key run producer for Pittsburgh with a .289 average, two homers and eight RBI.
Where To Watch Padres vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.