The Oakland Athletics (10-9) and Cleveland Guardians (7-12) square off on Friday at 9:40 PM ET, beginning a three-game series at Oakland Coliseum.
The Guardians are an away underdog (+115) at the Athletics (-136). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Oakland Athletics looking to Frankie Montas (2-2), and Aaron Civale (0-2) answering the bell for the Cleveland Guardians. The total for this game is 6.5.
Athletics vs. Guardians Predictions
Athletics vs. Guardians Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Athletics vs. Guardians Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Oakland went 3-2 over the five games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Athletics combined with their opponents to go over the total three times.
- Oakland’s record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- In eight games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Cleveland has a record of 1-7.
- The Guardians and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times in their last 11 games with a total.
- Cleveland has wins against the spread in its last 11 chances.
Athletics vs. Guardians Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Frankie Montas
- When Montás starts, the Athletics are 2-2-0 against the spread.
- The Athletics were favored on the moneyline for two Montás starts this season — they split the games.
- Montás’ team is 2-2 in his four starts.
- Montás has started four contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in one of them.
Projected starter: Aaron Civale
- Civale’s team is 1-2-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Civale’s team has a 1-2 record in his starts this season.
- In the three games Civale has started this season, the teams combined to hit the over on the point total each time.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy has a team-high three home runs.
- Murphy ranks 34th in homers and 32nd in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Tony Kemp has a double and nine walks while hitting .254.
- Kemp ranks 245th in homers and 281st in RBI among hitters in MLB play.
- Sheldon Neuse leads the Athletics with a team-best batting average of .304.
- Seth Brown has put up 13 runs batted in to pace his team.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in batting average (.347), home runs (six) and runs batted in (25) this season.
- Ramirez ranks second in homers and first in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Ramirez enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .294 with a double, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Myles Straw has 19 hits and an OBP of .369 to go with a slugging percentage of .338 this season.
- Straw is 245th overall in home runs and 238th in RBI this year.
- Owen Miller has 18 hits this season and a slash line of .409/.460/.727.
- Steven Kwan is batting .341 with an OBP of .456 and a slugging percentage of .500 this season.
Where To Watch Athletics vs. Guardians
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.