The New York Yankees (12-6) and Kansas City Royals (7-10) clash in the first of a three-game series on Friday at Kauffman Stadium, at 8:10 PM ET. The Yankees are coming off a series victory over the Orioles, and the Royals a series win over the White Sox.
The Yankees are a favorite (-193) against the Royals (+165). The Yankees will give the ball to Nestor Cortes Jr. versus the Royals and Kris Bubic (0-1). The total for the game is 8 total runs.
Yankees vs. Royals Predictions
Yankees vs. Royals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Yankees vs. Royals Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York was the moneyline favorite in each of its last 10 games, and went 8-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Yankees and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
- New York has a 7-3-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In nine games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Kansas City has a record of 4-5.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Royals and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times.
- Kansas City has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Yankees vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Nestor Cortes Jr.
- The Yankees have gone 1-2-0 ATS in Cortes’ three starts with a set spread.
- The Yankees have been the moneyline favorite in three of Cortes’ starts this season, and they went 2-1 in those games.
- Cortes’ team has a 2-1 record in his starts this season.
- Cortes has started three contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in one of them.
Projected starter: Kris Bubic
- When Bubic starts, his team is 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- In games Bubic has started, his team is 1-2.
- Games started by Bubic have a 2-1-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Anthony Rizzo has racked up a team-high five home runs and 13 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB play, Rizzo’s home run total ranks sixth and his RBI tally ranks 15th.
- Rizzo takes a seven-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .297 with three doubles, two home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Aaron Judge has five doubles, four home runs and eight walks while hitting .288.
- Judge currently ranks 13th in homers and 64th in RBI in the majors.
- Judge brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .368 with a double, three home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu paces the Yankees with a .305 batting average.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa has four doubles and three walks while hitting .302.
- Kiner-Falefa takes a seven-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .364 with two doubles, two walks and five RBI.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Andrew Benintendi leads Kansas City in runs batted in with 10 while batting .393, which is also best on the team.
- Benintendi ranks 132nd in home runs and 43rd in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Benintendi enters this game on a 10-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is hitting .444 with a double, a triple, two walks and six RBI.
- Salvador Perez’s five home runs are most among Kansas City batters. He’s driven in eight runs this season while slugging .477.
- Perez is sixth in home runs and 81st in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Carlos Santana has five hits this season and a slash line of .104/.306/.188.
- Hunter Dozier has 15 hits and an OBP of .295 to go with a slugging percentage of .500 this season.
Where To Watch Yankees vs. Royals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.