The Boston Red Sox (8-12) visit the Baltimore Orioles (6-12) to open a three-game series at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, with first pitch at 7:05 PM ET on Friday. The Red Sox are coming off a series defeat to the Blue Jays, and the Orioles a series loss to the Yankees.
The Red Sox are the road favorite (-145) versus the Orioles (+123). The Red Sox will give the ball to Rich Hill (0-1) versus the Orioles and Kyle Bradish. The game’s over/under is set at 9.
Red Sox vs. Orioles Predictions
Red Sox vs. Orioles Betting Odds
|Over Total Odds
|Under Total Odds
|Favorite Spread Odds
|Underdog Spread Odds
Red Sox vs. Orioles Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Boston has been listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers just once in the last 10 games, and won that matchup.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Red Sox combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total one time.
- Boston has gone 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Baltimore has a record of 4-6.
- The Orioles and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Baltimore has a record of 6-4-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Red Sox vs. Orioles Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Rich Hill
- When Hill starts, the Red Sox have gone 1-2-0 against the spread.
- The Red Sox were the moneyline favorite for two Hill starts this season — they split the games.
- Hill’s team is 1-2 in his three starts.
- Hill has started three games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in one of them.
Projected starter: Kyle Bradish
- The right-hander did not pitch as the moneyline underdog last season.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers has launched a team-high three home runs.
- Devers’ home runs rank 34th in MLB and he ranks 67th in RBI in MLB.
- Devers enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .316 with two doubles and an RBI.
- Alex Verdugo has shown off his power as he paces his team with three home runs and 13 RBI.
- Among all MLB hitters, Verdugo ranks 34th in home runs and 15th in RBI.
- Verdugo brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .150 with three RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts has put up a team-best batting average of .392.
- Kike Hernandez has eight doubles, a home run and eight walks while hitting .197.
- Hernandez heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .278 with two doubles, a walk and six RBI.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Cedric Mullins leads Baltimore in home runs (two) and runs batted in (eight) this season while batting .203.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Mullins’ home run total is 67th, and his RBI total is 83rd.
- Austin Hays’ batting average of .277 leads all Baltimore hitters this season.
- Hays ranks 132nd overall in homers and 139th in RBI this season.
- Anthony Santander is slugging .356 this season, with a team-high two home runs. He’s also collected four RBI.
- Trey Mancini is batting .239 with an OBP of .293 and a slugging percentage of .343 this season.
Where To Watch Red Sox vs. Orioles
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.