The St. Louis Cardinals (9-7) and Arizona Diamondbacks (8-11) clash on Thursday at 7:45 PM ET, opening a four-game series at Busch Stadium.
The Diamondbacks (+149 underdog on the moneyline) are away versus the Cardinals (-171). The Cardinals will start Dakota Hudson (1-1) against the Diamondbacks and Humberto Castellanos (1-0). The total for this game is 7.5.
Cardinals vs. Diamondbacks Predictions
Cardinals vs. Diamondbacks Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Cardinals vs. Diamondbacks Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- St. Louis has a 2-1 record from the three games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Cardinals combined with their opponents to go over the run total two times.
- St. Louis’ record against the spread is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Arizona has played as the underdog in 12 of its past 10 games and won seven of those contests.
- In their last 12 games with a total, the Diamondbacks and their opponents have combined to hit the over two times.
- Arizona has won of its last 12 games against the spread.
Cardinals vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Dakota Hudson
- The Cardinals have gone 2-1-0 against the spread when Hudson starts.
- The Cardinals were named the moneyline favorite for one Hudson start this season — they won.
- Hudson’s team has a 2-1 record over his three starts.
- Hudson’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in two of three games.
Projected starter: Humberto Castellanos
- Castellanos has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Castellanos’ team is 1-1 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Castellanos this season, the teams did not hit the over both times.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Nolan Arenado paces the Cardinals in home runs (five), runs batted in (14) and has accumulated a team-high batting average of .344.
- Arenado’s home runs rank fifth in MLB and he ranks eighth in RBI in MLB.
- Tommy Edman is batting .283 with a double, a triple, three home runs and eight walks.
- Edman ranks 30th in home runs and 68th in RBI this season.
- Paul Goldschmidt is hitting .258 with four doubles and eight walks.
- Goldschmidt enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .476 with two doubles, a walk and four RBI.
- Tyler O’Neill has two doubles, a home run and seven walks while batting .200.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Daulton Varsho is batting .197 this season with a team-high four home runs and nine RBI.
- In all of MLB, Varsho is 11th in home runs and 50th in RBI.
- Christian Walker’s four home runs are most among Arizona batters. He’s driven in seven runs this season while slugging .364.
- Walker ranks 11th in homers and 102nd in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Seth Beer has 15 hits this season and a slash line of .306/.414/.429.
- Cooper Hummel is batting .167 with an OBP of .348 and a slugging percentage of .361 this season.
Where To Watch Cardinals vs. Diamondbacks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.