The St. Louis Cardinals (9-7) and Arizona Diamondbacks (8-11) clash on Thursday at 7:45 PM ET, opening a four-game series at Busch Stadium.
The Diamondbacks (+149 underdog on the moneyline) are away versus the Cardinals (-171). The Cardinals will start Dakota Hudson (1-1) against the Diamondbacks and Humberto Castellanos (1-0). The total for this game is 7.5.
Cardinals vs. Diamondbacks Predictions
Cardinals vs. Diamondbacks Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Cardinals vs. Diamondbacks Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- St. Louis has a 2-1 record from the three games it was favored on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Cardinals combined with their opponents to go over the run total two times.
- St. Louis’ record against the spread is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Arizona has played as the underdog in 12 of its past 10 games and won seven of those contests.
- In their last 12 games with a total, the Diamondbacks and their opponents have combined to hit the over two times.
- Arizona has won of its last 12 games against the spread.
Cardinals vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Dakota Hudson
- The Cardinals have gone 2-1-0 against the spread when Hudson starts.
- The Cardinals were named the moneyline favorite for one Hudson start this season — they won.
- Hudson’s team has a 2-1 record over his three starts.
- Hudson’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in two of three games.
Projected starter: Humberto Castellanos
- Castellanos has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Castellanos’ team is 1-1 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Castellanos this season, the teams did not hit the over both times.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Nolan Arenado paces the Cardinals in home runs (five), runs batted in (14) and has accumulated a team-high batting average of .344.
- Arenado’s home runs rank fifth in MLB and he ranks eighth in RBI in MLB.
- Tommy Edman is batting .283 with a double, a triple, three home runs and eight walks.
- Edman ranks 30th in home runs and 68th in RBI this season.
- Paul Goldschmidt is hitting .258 with four doubles and eight walks.
- Goldschmidt enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .476 with two doubles, a walk and four RBI.
- Tyler O’Neill has two doubles, a home run and seven walks while batting .200.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Daulton Varsho is batting .197 this season with a team-high four home runs and nine RBI.
- In all of MLB, Varsho is 11th in home runs and 50th in RBI.
- Christian Walker’s four home runs are most among Arizona batters. He’s driven in seven runs this season while slugging .364.
- Walker ranks 11th in homers and 102nd in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Seth Beer has 15 hits this season and a slash line of .306/.414/.429.
- Cooper Hummel is batting .167 with an OBP of .348 and a slugging percentage of .361 this season.
Where To Watch Cardinals vs. Diamondbacks
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.