The Tampa Bay Rays (9-7) and Seattle Mariners (10-6) square off in the first of a three-game series on Tuesday at Tropicana Field, at 6:40 PM ET. The Rays are coming off a series victory over the Red Sox, and the Mariners a series win over the Royals.
Oddsmakers project the Rays as a tight favorite (-110 to win on the moneyline) against the Mariners (-110). The Rays will start Matt Wisler (1-0) against the Mariners and Logan Gilbert (2-0). The over/under in the game is set at 7 total runs.
Rays vs. Mariners Predictions
Rays vs. Mariners Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Rays vs. Mariners Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Tampa Bay played as the moneyline favorite for seven of its last 10 games, and went 4-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Rays and their opponents combined to hit the over four times.
- Tampa Bay’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Seattle has played as the underdog in three of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Mariners and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- Seattle has wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Rays vs. Mariners Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Matt Wisler
- Wisler has started only one game with a set spread, which the Rays failed to cover.
- The Rays were named the moneyline favorite for one Wisler start this season — they won.
- His team won the only game he’s appeared in this season.
- Wisler’s only start with a total this season went over.
Projected starter: Logan Gilbert
- Gilbert and his team have covered in each of the three games he’s started with a spread this season.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Gilbert and his team have won each of the three games he’s started this season.
- In the three games Gilbert has started this season, the teams combined to hit the under on the point total each time.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Wander Franco paces the Rays in home runs (three), runs batted in (10) and has a team-best batting average of .349.
- Franco’s home runs rank 25th in MLB and he ranks 26th in RBI in MLB.
- Franco enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .286 with two doubles, three home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Ji-Man Choi has capitalized on opportunities as he paces his team with 10 RBI.
- Choi ranks 56th in homers and 26th in RBI among hitters in MLB action.
- Brandon Lowe has put up a team-best three home runs.
- Yandy Diaz has two doubles, a home run and eight walks while hitting .286.
- Diaz heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .412 with a double, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Ty France leads Seattle in home runs with five, runs batted in with 19 and his batting average of .375 is also best on his team.
- France ranks fifth in homers and second in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .352 with an OBP of .471 and a slugging percentage of .574 this season.
- Among all major league batters, Crawford is 56th in home runs and 55th in RBI.
- Eugenio Suarez is slashing .255/.359/.527 this season for the Mariners.
- Adam Frazier has collected 16 hits this season and has an OBP of .311. He’s slugging .328 on the year.
- Frazier heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .200 with two doubles and five walks.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.