The San Francisco Giants (12-5) bring a four-game winning streak into a home contest versus the Oakland Athletics (9-8) at 9:45 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Athletics (+221 underdog on the moneyline) are away versus the Giants (-268). The San Francisco Giants will hand the ball to Carlos Rodon (2-0, 1.17 ERA) looking for win No. 3 on the season, and the Athletics will turn to Daulton Jefferies (1-2, 1.17). The total for the game is set at 6.5 total runs.
Giants vs. Athletics Predictions
Giants vs. Athletics Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Giants vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- San Francisco won each of the five games it played as a moneyline favorite over their last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Giants and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times (11 of the games had set totals).
- San Francisco has put together an 8-2-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In five games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Oakland has a record of 2-3.
- The Athletics and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Oakland is 5-5-0 against the spread.
Giants vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Carlos Rodón
- The Giants are 2-1-0 ATS in Rodon’s three starts that had a set spread.
- The Giants are 2-1 in Rodon’s three starts this season with San Francisco as the moneyline favorite.
- Rodon’s team has won two of his three starts.
- Rodon has started three games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in one of them.
Projected starter: Daulton Jefferies
- Jefferies and his team have a record of 1-2-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Jefferies’ team has a 1-2 record in his starts this season.
- The teams have gone under the point total set by sportsbooks in each of the three games Jefferies has started this season.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Joc Pederson paces the Giants with six home runs and 10 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Pederson’s home run total ranks first and his RBI tally ranks 26th.
- Thairo Estrada has made the most of his opportunities as he paces his team with 10 RBI.
- Estrada currently ranks 55th in homers and 26th in RBI in the majors.
- Brandon Belt is hitting .241 with a double, a triple, four home runs and 11 walks.
- Wilmer Flores is hitting .268 to lead his team.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland in home runs this season with three while driving in 11 runs.
- Murphy’s home run total ranks 24th in MLB, and he is 19th in RBI.
- Tony Kemp has 15 hits and an OBP of .369 to go with a slugging percentage of .286 this season.
- Kemp ranks 232nd overall in home runs and 260th in RBI this year.
- Elvis Andrus is slashing .208/.311/.340 this season for the Athletics.
- Seth Brown is a key run producer for Oakland with a .180 average, two homers and 12 RBI.
- Brown enters this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with three doubles and three RBI.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.