The Minnesota Twins (8-8) and Detroit Tigers (6-9) clash in the first of a three-game series on Tuesday at Target Field, at 7:40 PM ET. The Twins are coming off a series victory over the White Sox, and the Tigers a series loss to the Rockies.
The Tigers are an underdog away (+120) versus the Twins (-140). The Twins will start Chris Paddack (0-2) against the Tigers and Eduardo Rodriguez (0-1). The over/under for this game is 7.
Twins vs. Tigers Predictions
Twins vs. Tigers Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Twins vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Minnesota has a 2-2 record across the four games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Twins and their opponents combined to hit the over four times.
- Minnesota’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Detroit has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 3-4 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Tigers and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times.
- Over its last 10 games, Detroit is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Twins vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Chris Paddack
- Paddack has started two games with set spreads, and the Twins failed to cover in both opportunities.
- The Twins were favored on the moneyline for one Paddack start this season — they lost.
- His team lost both of the matchups he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Paddack’s two starts with a total this season both went under.
Projected starter: Eduardo Rodriguez
- When Rodríguez starts, his team is 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Detroit has a record of 1-2 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Rodríguez’s team has won one of his three starts.
- The teams have gone over the point total set by sportsbooks in each of the three games Rodríguez has started this season.
Twins Batting Leaders
- Byron Buxton leads the Twins with six home runs and 11 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in baseball, Buxton ranks first in home runs and 17th in RBI.
- Luis Arraez’s .354 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Arraez ranks 108th in homers and 84th in RBI this year.
- Gio Urshela has a home run and five walks while hitting .279.
- Jorge Polanco is batting .200 with two doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
Twins Batting Leaders
- Austin Meadows is batting .333 with nine RBI, both of which lead Detroit hitters this season.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Meadows is 232nd in home runs and 33rd in RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson’s three home runs are most among Detroit batters. He’s driven in eight runs this season while slugging .435.
- Torkelson ranks 23rd among batters in the majors in home runs, and 49th in RBI.
- Miguel Cabrera has collected 15 base hits, an OBP of .377 and a slugging percentage of .362 this season.
- Cabrera has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .389 with a walk and two RBI.
- Robbie Grossman has collected 12 hits this season and has an OBP of .417. He’s slugging .333 on the year.
- Grossman has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .563 with a double, three walks and three RBI.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.