The Atlanta Braves (7-10) host the Chicago Cubs (7-9) at 7:20 PM ET on Tuesday, a game featuring two of the league’s most consistent batters. Matt Olson has an average of .355 (seventh in league) for the Braves, while Seiya Suzuki ranks eighth at .354 for the Cubs.
The Braves are a home favorite (-195) against the Cubs (+165). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Atlanta Braves looking to Max Fried (1-2), and Marcus Stroman (0-2) getting the nod for the Chicago Cubs. The total in the game is set at 8 total runs.
Braves vs. Cubs Predictions
Braves vs. Cubs Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Braves vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Atlanta has a 1-2 record over the three games it was moneyline favorites in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Braves and their opponents combined to hit the over four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Atlanta’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and won two of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cubs and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times.
- Chicago has a record of 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Braves vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Max Fried
- The Braves have a 1-2-0 record against the spread in Fried’s starts.
- The Braves were named the moneyline favorite for two Fried starts this season — they lost both.
- Fried’s team has won one of his three starts.
- Fried has started three games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in one of them.
Projected starter: Marcus Stroman
- Stroman and his team have a record of 2-1-0 against the spread when he starts.
- His team has been defeated in each of the three games he’s started as the moneyline underdog.
- Stroman’s team has yet to win in any of his starts this season.
- In the three games Stroman has started this season, the teams combined to hit the over on the point total each time.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Ozzie Albies leads the Braves with six home runs and 11 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB action, Albies’ home run total ranks first and his RBI tally ranks 17th.
- Olson’s .355 batting average leads his team.
- Olson ranks 52nd in homers and 107th in RBI this season.
- Austin Riley is batting .295 with six doubles, four home runs and eight walks.
- Marcell Ozuna has five doubles, four home runs and three walks while batting .273.
- Ozuna takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Suzuki leads Chicago in batting average (.354), home runs (four) and runs batted in (13) this season.
- Suzuki’s home run total ranks 10th in the majors, and he is seventh in RBI.
- Ian Happ has 16 hits and an OBP of .439 to go with a slugging percentage of .458 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Happ is 108th in home runs and 33rd in RBI.
- Happ enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double, a home run, five walks and three RBI.
- Willson Contreras is slashing .255/.356/.451 this season for the Cubs.
- Nico Hoerner has collected 16 hits this season and has an OBP of .340. He’s slugging .469 on the year.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.