The Phoenix Suns are 6.5-point favorites heading into Game 5 of the opening round of the NBA Playoffs against the New Orleans Pelicans at Footprint Center on Tuesday, starting at 10:00 PM ET. The series is tied 2-2. The over/under is 215.5 in the matchup.
Suns vs. Pelicans Predictions
Suns vs. Pelicans Betting Odds
Suns vs. Pelicans Last 10 Games
- Phoenix has a 4-6 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Phoenix and its opponents have hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The Suns’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 223.9 points scored. That’s 8.4 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Suns are scoring 4.7 points less per game compared to their season average.
- New Orleans covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- New Orleans and its opponents have hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The Pelicans’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 222.7 points scored. That’s 7.2 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Pelicans have a 113.8 points-per-game average, 4.5 points above their season-long scoring average.
Suns vs. Pelicans Betting Trends
- Phoenix has covered the spread in a matchup 46 times this season (46-40-0).
- In games they have played as 6.5-point favorites or more, the Suns have an ATS record of 20-25.
- Phoenix’s games have gone over the total 44 times out of 86 chances this season.
- This season, the Suns have a 48.5% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.4% higher than the 47.1% of shots the Pelicans’ opponents have knocked down.
- Phoenix is 32-21 against the spread and 46-7 overall when it shoots better than 47.1% from the field.
- New Orleans is 44-42-0 against the spread this year.
- The Pelicans have an ATS record of 10-15 when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- New Orleans’ games have gone over the total 37 times out of 86 chances this season.
- New Orleans has compiled a 29-14 record against the spread and a 27-16 straight up record in games it shoots over 44.4% from the field.
Suns vs. Pelicans Over/Under Trends
- A total of 56 Phoenix games this season have gone over Tuesday’s over/under of 215.5 points.
- A total of 47 of New Orleans’ games ended with a combined score higher than 215.5 points this season.
- The point total for the contest of 215.5 is 8.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Suns (114.8 points per game) and the Pelicans (109.3 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 217.6 points per game, 2.1 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Suns games is 222.6 points, 7.1 more than the over/under of 215.5 points for this contest.
- Pelicans’ games have a total points bet of 220.3 points this season, 4.8 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Suns Team Leaders
- Devin Booker: 26.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.6 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (183-for-478)
- Chris Paul: 14.7 PTS, 10.8 AST, 1.9 STL, 49.3 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (63-for-199)
- Mikal Bridges: 14.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 53.4 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (115-for-312)
- Deandre Ayton: 17.2 PTS, 10.2 REB, 63.4 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (7-for-19)
- JaVale McGee: 9.2 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 62.9 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (2-for-9)
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valančiūnas: 17.8 PTS, 11.4 REB, 54.4 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (57-for-158)
- Devonte’ Graham: 11.9 PTS, 36.3 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (192-for-563)
- Herbert Jones: 9.5 PTS, 1.7 STL, 47.6 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (57-for-169)
- Jaxson Hayes: 9.3 PTS, 61.6 FG%, 35.1 3PT% (20-for-57)
- Garrett Temple: 5.2 PTS, 37.6 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (59-for-185)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.