The Houston Astros (7-8) visit the Texas Rangers (5-10) to kick off a four-game series at Globe Life Field, with first pitch at 8:05 PM ET on Monday. The Astros are on the back of a series defeat to the Blue Jays, and the Rangers a series win over the Athletics.
The Rangers are an underdog at home (+115) versus the Astros (-135). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Houston Astros looking to Framber Valdez (1-1), and Dane Dunning (0-1) answering the bell for the Texas Rangers. The total for this game is set at 8.
Astros vs. Rangers Predictions
Astros vs. Rangers Betting Odds
|Over Total Odds
|Under Total Odds
|Favorite Spread Odds
|Underdog Spread Odds
Astros vs. Rangers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston played as the moneyline favorite in eight of its last 10 games, and finished 3-5 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Astros combined with their opponents to go over the run total five times.
- Houston’s ATS record is 3-7-0 over its past 10 games.
- Texas has played as the underdog in eight of its past 10 games and won three of those contests.
- The Rangers and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Texas has won of its last 10 games against the spread.
Astros vs. Rangers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Framber Valdez
- The Astros are 1-2-0 against the spread when Valdez starts.
- The Astros were favored on the moneyline for two Valdez starts this season — they lost both.
- Valdez’s team has put together a 1-2 record over his three starts.
- Valdez has had three starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in one of those outings.
Projected starter: Dane Dunning
- Dunning’s team is 2-1-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team is 1-2 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Dunning’s team has won one of his three starts this season.
- Out of Dunning’s three starts with a total this season, one has hit the over.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Alex Bregman paces the Astros with three home runs and 12 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Bregman’s home run total ranks 23rd and his RBI tally ranks 11th.
- Jeremy Pena’s three home runs pace his team.
- Pena ranks 23rd in homers and 107th in RBI this season.
- Michael Brantley has accumulated a team-high batting average of .316.
- Yordan Alvarez’s three home runs lead his team.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Nate Lowe leads Texas in batting average (.373) and runs batted in (nine) this season.
- Lowe’s home run total ranks 108th in the majors, and he is 33rd in RBI.
- Lowe has hit safely in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .400 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Jonah Heim leads Texas in home runs with two and runs batted in with nine.
- Heim ranks 52nd among hitters in the majors in home runs, and 33rd in RBI.
- Adolis Garcia leads Texas in home runs with two. He’s driven in seven runs and is slugging .327.
- Garcia has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .222 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
- Corey Seager is batting .241 with an OBP of .286 and a slugging percentage of .310 this season.
- Seager heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .150 with a walk and an RBI.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.