Sunday’s NHL slate features a matchup between the Florida Panthers (56-15-6) and the Tampa Bay Lightning (47-22-8) at BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida. The Panthers are -140 on the moneyline to win at home against the Lightning (+118) in the game, which begins at 7:00 PM ET.
Panthers vs. Lightning Predictions
Panthers vs. Lightning Betting Odds
Panthers vs. Lightning Betting Trends
- The Panthers have been victorious in 54 of their 70 games when they were favored on the moneyline this season (77.1%).
- Florida is 45-13 (winning 77.6% of its games) when playing with moneyline odds of -140 or shorter.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Panthers have an implied probability of 58.3% to win.
- The Panthers’ 322 total goals (4.2 per game on 7.2 assists per contest) lead the NHL.
- Defensively, the Panthers are one of the stingiest units in league action, giving up 218 total goals (2.8 per game) to rank ninth.
- This season the Lightning have two wins in the nine games in which they’ve been an underdog.
- Tampa Bay’s moneyline odds have been +118 or longer two times this season, and it split 1-1.
- With 259 goals (3.4 per game), the Lightning have the league’s ninth-best offense.
- The Lightning’s total of 212 goals allowed (2.8 per game) is sixth in the league.
Panthers vs. Lightning Over/Under Trends
- This season, Florida and its opponent have combined to outscore Sunday’s over/under of 6.5 goals 49 times.
- A total of 35 of Tampa Bay’s games have ended with over 6.5 goals this season.
- The over/under for this game (6.5) is 1.0 less than the combined scoring averages for the Panthers (4.18) and Lightning (3.36).
- The 5.6 goals per game these two teams allow are 0.9 less than the over/under set for this contest.
Panthers Team Leaders
- Jonathan Huberdeau: 30 goals and 83 assists
- Aleksander Barkov Jr.: 38 goals and 48 assists
- Sam Reinhart: 29 goals and 50 assists
- Sergei Bobrovsky: 38-6-3 record, .913 save percentage, 129 goals given up
Lightning Team Leaders
- Steven Stamkos: 34 goals and 56 assists
- Victor Hedman: 19 goals and 57 assists
- Alex Killorn: 25 goals and 33 assists
- Andrei Vasilevskiy: 36-18-5 record, .917 save percentage, 147 goals allowed
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.