The Houston Astros (6-7) hope to stop their three-game losing run versus the Toronto Blue Jays (9-5), at 4:10 PM ET on Saturday.
The Blue Jays are the road favorite (-123) versus the Astros (+104). The Blue Jays will start Alek Manoah (2-0) versus the Astros and Jose Urquidy (1-1). The game’s total is 8.5.
Blue Jays vs. Astros Predictions
Blue Jays vs. Astros Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Blue Jays vs. Astros Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Toronto was the moneyline favorite in five of its last 10 games, and went 4-1 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Blue Jays and their opponents combined to go over the run total two times (nine of the games had set totals).
- Toronto’s ATS record is 5-4-0 over its past 10 games (nine of those games had spreads set by oddsmakers).
- Houston has been the underdog once in the past 10 games and lost that contest.
- The Astros and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Houston is 3-7-0 against the spread.
Blue Jays vs. Astros Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Alek Manoah
- Manoah has started two games with set spreads, and the Blue Jays went 1-1-0.
- The Blue Jays were the moneyline favorite for one Manoah start this season — they won.
- His team won both of the matchups he’s appeared in this season.
- Manoah’s two starts with a total this season both went under.
Projected starter: José Urquidy
- Urquidy has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- This will be his first game as the moneyline underdog this season.
- Urquidy’s team is 1-1 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Urquidy this season, the teams hit the over once.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads the Blue Jays with five home runs and 11 runs batted in, while racking up a team-high batting average of .320.
- Among all hitters in MLB play, Guerrero’s home run total ranks second and his RBI tally ranks eighth.
- Matt Chapman has three doubles, two home runs and five walks while hitting .271.
- Chapman currently ranks 40th in home runs and 23rd in RBI in the majors.
- Chapman has safely hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .333 with two doubles and three RBI.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. has three doubles and three walks while hitting .269.
- George Springer has four doubles, two home runs and two walks while hitting .265.
- Springer enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .154 with an RBI.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Alex Bregman is batting .273 for Houston with a team-high nine RBI.
- Bregman’s home run total ranks 40th in MLB, and he is 23rd in RBI.
- Jeremy Pena’s batting average of .286 leads all Houston hitters this season.
- Pena ranks 40th among batters in the big leagues in home runs, and 129th in RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez leads Houston in home runs with three. He’s driven in six runs and is slugging .517.
- Michael Brantley has 13 hits and an OBP of .321 to go with a slugging percentage of .367 this season.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.