The Oakland Athletics (7-7) host the Texas Rangers (3-9) at 4:07 PM ET on Saturday.
The Rangers are an away underdog (+109) versus the Athletics (-129). The Athletics will start Frankie Montas (2-1) against the Rangers and Martin Perez (0-2). The contest has a set total of 7.5.
Athletics vs. Rangers Predictions
Athletics vs. Rangers Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Athletics vs. Rangers Hitting Splits 2021
- Oakland has a 3-1 record over the four games it was moneyline favorites in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all had a set run total — the Athletics and their opponents combined to go over the total four times.
- Oakland has gone 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- They hit 76 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .364 in away games last season with 209 extra-base hits.
- In away games last season, they had a .227 AVG with 7.7 base hits per contest.
- They scored 3.8 runs per game last season on the road.
- When they played on the road last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .288 and drew 2.7 walks per game.
- In 81 road games last season, they averaged 9.1 strikeouts per contest.
Athletics vs. Rangers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Frankie Montas
- The Athletics are 2-1-0 against the spread when Montás starts.
- The Athletics were the moneyline favorite for one Montás start this season — they won.
- Montás’ team is 2-1 in his three starts.
- Montás’ starts with a set total this season have hit the over in one of three games.
Projected starter: Martín Pérez
- Pérez has a record of 0-2-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Pérez’s team is 0-2 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Pérez this season, the teams hit the over once.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy has a team-high three home runs and 10 runs batted in.
- Among hitters in baseball, Murphy ranks 14th in homers and 12th in RBI.
- Tony Kemp’s .273 batting average paces his team.
- Kemp currently ranks 204th in homers and 227th in RBI in the bigs.
- Elvis Andrus has three doubles and seven walks while hitting .174.
- Cristian Pache is batting .200 with a double, two home runs and a walk.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Nate Lowe leads Texas in runs batted in with eight while batting .413, which is also best on the team.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Lowe ranks 90th in home runs and 35th in RBI.
- Lowe takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .474 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Adolis Garcia is slugging .348 this season, with a team-best two homers while driving in seven runs.
- Garcia ranks 40th among batters in the big leagues in homers, and 44th in RBI.
- Garcia has hit safely in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Andy Ibanez is slashing .220/.238/.341 this season for the Rangers.
- Brad Miller’s two home runs are most among Texas batters. He’s driven in six runs this season while slugging .464.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.