The Seattle Mariners (7-5) and Kansas City Royals (5-6) square off in the first of a three-game series on Friday at T-Mobile Park, at 9:40 PM ET. The Mariners are coming off a series victory over the Rangers, and the Royals a series win over the Twins.
The Mariners are favored (-137 on the moneyline to win) when they host the Royals (+117). The Mariners will give the ball to Chris Flexen (0-1) against the Royals and Brad Keller (0-1). The over/under for this game is 7.5.
Mariners vs. Royals Predictions
Mariners vs. Royals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Mariners vs. Royals Hitting Splits 2021
- The Mariners averaged 1.2 homers per home game last season (94 total at home).
- The Mariners averaged 2.5 extra-base hits per game while slugging .367 at home.
- The team batted .214 with 552 hits (6.8 per game) at home last season.
- The Mariners averaged 4.1 runs per home game.
- The Mariners had a .296 on-base percentage and averaged 3.4 walks per game at home.
- They averaged 9.3 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- They hit 87 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .382 in away games last season with 213 extra-base hits.
- In away games last season, they had a .236 AVG with 8.0 base hits per contest.
- They scored 3.8 runs per game last season on the road.
- They got on base at a .291 clip with 2.4 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- In 81 road games last season, they averaged 8.1 strikeouts per contest.
Mariners vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Chris Flexen
- Flexen has started just one game with a set spread, which the Mariners failed to cover.
- The Mariners have not been a moneyline favorite when Flexen starts this season.
- His team lost the only game he’s appeared in this season.
- Flexen’s only start with a total this season went under.
Projected starter: Brad Keller
- Keller has a record of 0-2-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- This will be his first game as the moneyline underdog this season.
- Keller’s team is 1-1 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Keller this season, the teams did not hit the over both times.
Mariners Batting Leaders
- Ty France leads the Mariners with three home runs and 12 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-best batting average of .356.
- Among hitters in baseball, France ranks 13th in homers and fifth in RBI.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .316 with three doubles, a triple, a home run and seven walks.
- Among all MLB batters, Crawford ranks 82nd in home runs and 80th in RBI.
- Adam Frazier is batting .306 with four doubles, a triple and four walks.
- Frazier has safely hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .389 with two doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Eugenio Suarez has put his power on display as he leads his team with three home runs.
Mariners Batting Leaders
- Salvador Perez is batting .220 this season with a team-high four home runs and six RBI.
- In all of MLB, Perez ranks fifth in home runs and 58th in RBI.
- Perez takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with a double, two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi leads Kansas City in batting with a .359 average.
- Benintendi is 82nd in home runs and 114th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Benintendi brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a triple and a walk.
- Nicky Lopez is slashing .324/.361/.412 this season for the Royals.
- Lopez enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .353 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Hunter Dozier is batting .297 with an OBP of .316 and a slugging percentage of .541 this season.
- Dozier has safely hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with two home runs and three RBI.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.