The San Francisco Giants (7-5) visit the Washington Nationals (6-8) to kick off a three-game series at Nationals Park, with first pitch at 7:05 PM ET on Friday. The Giants are coming off a series defeat to the Mets, and the Nationals a series split with the Diamondbacks.
The Giants are a favorite (-132) against the Nationals (+112). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the San Francisco Giants looking to Sam Long, and Patrick Corbin (0-2) answering the bell for the Washington Nationals. The total for this game is set at 9.
Giants vs. Nationals Predictions
Giants vs. Nationals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Giants vs. Nationals Hitting Splits 2021
- The Giants hit 137 home runs on the road last season (1.7 per game).
- The Giants averaged 3.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .441 away from home.
- The team batted .244 with 689 hits (8.5 per game) on the road last season.
- The Giants’ offense averaged 5.2 runs in road games.
- The Giants had a .319 on-base percentage and averaged 3.5 walks per game on the road.
- The club averaged 9.3 strikeouts per game last season on the road.
- Washington has played as the underdog in five of its past 10 games and has gone 2-3 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Nationals and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- Washington is 3-7-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Giants vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Sam Long
- Last season Long and his team had a 1-2-0 record against the spread when he pitched.
- Long’s team went 2-2 in games he pitched when they were favored on the moneyline a season ago.
- When he pitched in a game last season, his team went 3-2.
Projected starter: Patrick Corbin
- Corbin’s team has not covered in any of his three starts with a spread this season.
- His team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Corbin’s team has yet to win in any of his starts this season.
- Out of Corbin’s three starts with a total this season, one has hit the over.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Brandon Belt paces the Giants with three home runs and six runs batted in, while accumulating a team-best batting average of .263.
- Belt ranks 13th in home runs and 58th in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Thairo Estrada is batting .209 with a double, a home run and two walks.
- Estrada currently ranks 82nd in home runs and 80th in RBI in the majors.
- Joc Pederson paces the Giants with three home runs.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .243 with a double, a home run and four walks.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Juan Soto is batting .277 this season with a team-high three home runs.
- In all of MLB, Soto is 13th in homers and 167th in RBI.
- Josh Bell leads Washington in batting average (.333) and runs batted in (10) this season.
- Bell ranks 82nd in homers and 11th in RBI among all major league batters this year.
- Nelson Cruz has 10 hits this season and a slash line of .196/.281/.314.
- Maikel Franco has collected 14 hits this season and has an OBP of .309. He’s slugging .392 on the year.
- Franco takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.