The Colorado Rockies (8-4) visit the Detroit Tigers (5-7) to open a three-game series at Comerica Park, with first pitch at 1:10 PM ET on Saturday. The Rockies are coming off a series victory over the Phillies, and the Tigers a series loss to the Yankees.
The Rockies are the road favorite (-130) versus the Tigers (+110). The Rockies will give the ball to Antonio Senzatela (1-0) against the Tigers and Tarik Skubal (0-1). The game’s over/under is 8.5.
Rockies vs. Tigers Predictions
Rockies vs. Tigers Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Rockies vs. Tigers Hitting Splits 2021
- The Rockies hit 78 home runs on the road last season (one per game).
- The Rockies slugged .352 with 2.4 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The team averaged 7.2 hits per game and batted .217 on the road last season.
- The Rockies’ offense averaged 3.5 runs in road games.
- The Rockies averaged 3.2 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .352 in road contests.
- The club averaged 9.4 strikeouts per game last season on the road.
- In 81 games at home last season, they hit 81 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .397 in home games last season with 216 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 7.8 base hits per game and hit .242 as a team at home last season.
- They scored 4.1 runs per game last season at home.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a team OBP of .311 with three walks drawn per contest.
- They struck out 8.9 times per game in 81 home games last season.
Rockies vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Antonio Senzatela
- Senzatela has started two games with set spreads, and the Rockies covered in both chances.
- The Rockies were named the moneyline favorite for one Senzatela start this season — they won.
- His team won both of the matchups he’s appeared in this season.
- Senzatela’s two starts with a total this season both went over.
Projected starter: Tarik Skubal
- Skubal has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Skubal’s team is 1-1 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Skubal this season, the teams hit the over once.
Rockies Batting Leaders
- C.J. Cron leads the Rockies with six home runs and 16 runs batted in.
- Cron’s home runs rank first in MLB and he ranks second in RBI in MLB.
- Cron has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .368 with two doubles, three home runs, two walks and nine RBI.
- Connor Joe is batting .349 to pace his team.
- Among all MLB batters, Joe ranks 35th in home runs and 114th in RBI.
- Joe enters this game on an eight-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .350 with three doubles, a triple, two home runs, six walks and four RBI.
- Kris Bryant leads the Rockies with a team-best batting average of .349.
- Bryant has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Ryan McMahon has five doubles, a home run and three walks while hitting .225.
Rockies Batting Leaders
- Austin Meadows has been key for Detroit with 11 hits, an OBP of .419 plus a slugging percentage of .389.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Meadows ranks 196th in home runs and 114th in RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson leads Detroit in home runs (two) and runs batted in (five) this season while batting .206.
- Torkelson is 35th among batters in the big leagues in home runs, and 80th in RBI.
- Miguel Cabrera leads Detroit with a .308 batting average.
- Cabrera takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with a double and two walks.
- Eric Haase has collected four hits this season and has an OBP of .250. He’s slugging .320 on the year.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.