The St. Louis Cardinals (7-4) will look for Tommy Edman to extend a 10-game hitting streak against the Cincinnati Reds (2-11) on Friday at 6:40 PM ET, at Great American Ball Park.
The Cardinals are the road favorite (-125) versus the Reds (+106). The Cardinals will give the ball to Steven Matz (1-1) versus the Reds and Hunter Greene (1-1). The game’s over/under is set at 8.5.
Cardinals vs. Reds Predictions
Cardinals vs. Reds Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Cardinals vs. Reds Hitting Splits 2021
- The Cardinals hit 121 home runs away from home last season (1.5 per game).
- The Cardinals slugged .436 with 3.3 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The team averaged 8.3 hits per game and batted .246 away from home last season.
- The Cardinals scored an average of 4.9 runs per road game.
- The Cardinals had a .316 on-base percentage and averaged 3.1 walks per game on the road.
- The team averaged 8.8 strikeouts per game last season on the road.
- In eight games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Cincinnati has a record of 1-7.
- The Reds and their opponents have combined to hit the over five times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Cincinnati has won of its last 10 games against the spread.
Cardinals vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Steven Matz
- Matz has started two games with set spreads, and the Cardinals went 1-1-0.
- The Cardinals were favored on the moneyline for one Matz start this season — they lost.
- His team split the two games he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Matz’s two starts with a total this season finished 1-1-0 against the total.
Projected starter: Hunter Greene
- Greene has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Greene’s team is 1-1 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Greene this season, the teams did not hit the over.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Nolan Arenado has put up a team-high batting average of .405, and paces the Cardinals in home runs (five) and runs batted in (14).
- Among batters in MLB, Arenado ranks second in homers and third in RBI.
- Edman is batting .342 with a double, a triple, three home runs and three walks.
- Edman ranks 13th in homers and 41st in RBI among hitters in MLB.
- Edman heads into this game on a 10-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .353 with a double, a triple, two home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Tyler O’Neill has a double, a home run and six walks while hitting .231.
- Albert Pujols is batting .333 with a double, two home runs and two walks.
- Pujols has safely hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .438 with a double, two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Kyle Farmer is batting .289 with six RBI, both of which rank first among Cincinnati hitters this season.
- In all of MLB, Farmer is 195th in home runs and 57th in RBI.
- Tommy Pham leads Cincinnati in home runs with two while driving in three runs and slugging .342.
- Pham is 34th in home runs and 165th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Pham has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with a double, two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Jake Fraley has collected four base hits, an OBP of .229 and a slugging percentage of .258 this season.
- Brandon Drury’s two home runs are most among Cincinnati batters. He’s driven in four runs this season while slugging .500.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.