The Minnesota Twins (3-8) host the Chicago White Sox (6-6) to kick off a three-game series at Target Field, with first pitch at 8:10 PM ET on Friday. The Twins are coming off a series defeat to the Royals, and the White Sox a series loss to the Guardians.
An expected tight matchup features the Twins (-114 moneyline odds to win) against the White Sox (-106). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Minnesota Twins looking to Bailey Ober (1-1), and Michael Kopech answering the bell for the Chicago White Sox. The contest has a set total of 8.
Twins vs. White Sox Predictions
Twins vs. White Sox Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Twins vs. White Sox Hitting Splits 2021
- The Twins averaged 1.4 homers per home game last season (112 total at home).
- The Twins averaged three extra-base hits per game while slugging .420 at home.
- The team averaged 7.8 hits per game and batted .239 at home last season.
- The Twins averaged 4.5 runs per game at home.
- The Twins had a .319 on-base percentage and averaged 3.4 walks per game at home.
- In home games last season the team averaged 8.3 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 80 homers, an average of 1 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They slugged .403 in 81 road games last season.
- In away games last season, they had a .253 AVG with 8.6 base hits per contest.
- They scored 4.7 runs per game last season on the road.
- They got on base at a .326 clip with 3.5 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- They struck out 9.2 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Twins vs. White Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Bailey Ober
- Ober has started two games with set spreads, and the Twins went 1-1-0.
- The Twins were the moneyline favorite for one Ober start this season — they won.
- His team split the two games he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Ober’s two starts with a total this season finished 1-1-0 against the total.
Projected starter: Michael Kopech
- Kopech has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- This will be his first game as the moneyline underdog this season.
- Kopech’s team is 2-0 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Kopech this season, the teams hit the over once.
Twins Batting Leaders
- Luis Arraez paces the Twins with a .250 batting average.
- In MLB, Arraez ranks 81st in homers and 164th in RBI.
- Max Kepler is batting .229 with a double, a home run and four walks.
- Kepler ranks 81st in home runs among hitters in MLB and 164th in RBI.
- Kepler enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .235 with a walk.
- Gio Urshela has a home run and four walks while batting .214.
- Gary Sanchez’s eight runs batted in are a team-high mark.
Twins Batting Leaders
- Luis Robert is batting .205 this season with a team-high two home runs.
- Robert ranks 31st in home runs and 164th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Tim Anderson has 12 hits and an OBP of .351 to go with a slugging percentage of .528 this season.
- Among all MLB batters, Anderson is 81st in home runs and 78th in RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn’s two home runs lead all Chicago hitters, and he’s slugging .552.
- Jose Abreu leads Chicago with a batting average of .220.
- Abreu enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .211 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.