The Los Angeles Dodgers (9-3) and San Diego Padres (9-5) battle in NL West play, on Friday at 9:40 PM ET.
The Dodgers are favored (-160 moneyline odds) when they square off against the Padres (+140). The scheduled starters are Julio Urias (0-1) for the Los Angeles Dodgers, and Nick Martinez (0-1) for the San Diego Padres. The matchup has an over/under set at 8 total runs.
Dodgers vs. Padres Predictions
Dodgers vs. Padres Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Dodgers vs. Padres Hitting Splits 2021
- The Dodgers averaged 1.2 home runs per game when playing on the road last season (97 total in road outings).
- The Dodgers averaged 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .400 on the road.
- The team averaged 8.6 hits per game and batted .244 away from home last season.
- The Dodgers’ offense averaged 5.2 runs in road games.
- The Dodgers had a .327 on-base percentage and averaged 3.9 walks per game on the road.
- The club averaged nine strikeouts per game last season on the road.
- In three games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, San Diego has a record of 1-2.
- The Padres and their opponents have combined to hit the over three times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, San Diego is 6-4-0 against the spread.
Dodgers vs. Padres Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Julio Urías
- Urías has started two games with set spreads, and the Dodgers went 1-1-0.
- The Dodgers were the moneyline favorite for two Urías starts this season — they split the games.
- His team split the two matchups he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Urías’ two starts with a total this season finished 1-1-0 against the total.
Projected starter: Nick Martinez
- Martínez has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Martínez’s team is 1-1 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Martínez this season, the teams did not hit the over both times.
Dodgers Batting Leaders
- Freddie Freeman paces the Dodgers with two home runs and has accumulated a team-best batting average of .333.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Freeman’s home run total ranks 30th and his RBI tally ranks 37th.
- Freeman has safely hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .421 with two home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- Gavin Lux is batting .276 with a double, a triple, a home run and seven walks.
- Lux ranks 78th in homers and 76th in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Lux has hit safely in five games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .167 with a triple and five walks.
- Trea Turner has accumulated a team-high 10 runs batted in.
- Turner has hit safely in five straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with a double, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Cody Bellinger’s two home runs lead his team.
Dodgers Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado has been key for San Diego with 19 hits, an OBP of .433 plus a slugging percentage of .623.
- In all of MLB, Machado is 12th in home runs and eighth in RBI.
- Jurickson Profar is batting .256 this season with a team-high four home runs and 11 RBI.
- Among all major league hitters, Profar ranks fifth in home runs and fifth in RBI.
- Profar heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a double, two home runs, three walks and three RBI.
- Austin Nola has collected 10 base hits, an OBP of .333 and a slugging percentage of .342 this season.
- Eric Hosmer leads San Diego with a batting average of .378.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.