The Los Angeles Angels (8-4) and Baltimore Orioles (4-9) square off on Friday at 9:38 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Angel Stadium.
The Angels are favored at home (-185) versus the Orioles (+158). The Los Angeles Angels will give the start to Reid Detmers (0-0, .00 ERA) looking for win No. 1 on the season, and the Orioles will turn to Bruce Zimmermann. The total in the game is set at 8.5 total runs.
Angels vs. Orioles Predictions
Angels vs. Orioles Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Angels vs. Orioles Hitting Splits 2021
- The Angels hit 105 home runs at home last season (1.3 per game).
- The Angels had a .426 slugging percentage and averaged 3.0 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club batted .253 with 673 hits (8.3 per game) at home last season.
- The Angels averaged 4.7 runs per game at home.
- The Angels averaged 2.9 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .318 at home.
- At home last season the club averaged 8.6 strikeouts per game.
- In 10 games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Baltimore has a record of 4-6.
- The Orioles and their opponents have combined to hit the over just once in their last 10 games with a total.
- Baltimore has won of its last 10 games against the spread.
Angels vs. Orioles Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Reid Detmers
- Detmers has started two games with set spreads, and the Angels went 1-1-0.
- The Angels were favored on the moneyline for two Detmers starts this season — they split the games.
- His team split the two games he’s appeared in this season.
- Detmers’ two starts with a total this season both went over.
Projected starter: Bruce Zimmermann
- Zimmermann has a record of 2-0-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team is 2-0 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Zimmermann’s team is 2-0 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Zimmermann this season, the teams did not hit the over both times.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Shohei Ohtani has accumulated a team-best batting average of .235, and paces the Angels in home runs (three) and runs batted in (nine).
- Among batters in baseball, Ohtani ranks 13th in homers and 19th in RBI.
- Brandon Marsh has been productive as he leads his team with nine runs batted in.
- Marsh ranks 81st in home runs and 19th in RBI among hitters in MLB play.
- Marsh heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .308 with two doubles, two walks and five RBI.
- Mike Trout is hitting .269 with three doubles, a home run and five walks.
- Trout heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .313 with three doubles, four walks and an RBI.
- Jack Mayfield is batting .360 with a double, a triple, a home run and two walks.
- Mayfield brings a seven-game hitting streak into this game. In his last seven games he is batting .360 with a double, a triple, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
Angels Batting Leaders
- Cedric Mullins leads Baltimore in home runs with two and runs batted in with eight.
- Mullins’ home run total ranks 31st in MLB, and he is 27th in RBI.
- Mullins heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .235 with a double, a triple and a walk.
- Anthony Santander’s batting average of .275 leads all Baltimore hitters this season.
- Santander ranks 81st in home runs and 281st in RBI among all hitters in the major leagues.
- Santander enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with a double and four walks.
- Austin Hays has 11 hits this season and a slash line of .244/.333/.333.
- Ryan Mountcastle has 12 hits and an OBP of .278 to go with a slugging percentage of .314 this season.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.