The Houston Astros (6-6) and Toronto Blue Jays (8-5) clash on Friday at 8:10 PM ET, opening a three-game series at Minute Maid Park.
The Blue Jays are an underdog (+143 moneyline odds) when they square off against the Astros (-166). The Houston Astros will hand the ball to Justin Verlander (1-1, 3.00 ERA) looking for win No. 2 on the season, and the Blue Jays will counter with Ross Stripling. The over/under in the game is set at 8.5 total runs.
Astros vs. Blue Jays Predictions
Astros vs. Blue Jays Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Astros vs. Blue Jays Hitting Splits 2021
- The Astros hit 105 homers at home last season (1.3 per game).
- The Astros averaged 3.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .445 in home contests.
- The team batted .267 with 727 hits (nine per game) at home last season.
- The Astros’ offense averaged 5.3 runs in home games.
- The Astros had a .342 on-base percentage and averaged 3.7 walks per game at home.
- They averaged 7.3 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- In four games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, Toronto has a record of 2-2.
- In their last nine games with a total, the Blue Jays and their opponents have failed to hit the over seven times.
- Toronto has won of its last nine games against the spread.
Astros vs. Blue Jays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Justin Verlander
- Verlander has started two games with set spreads, and the Astros went 1-1-0.
- The Astros were named the moneyline favorite for one Verlander start this season — they won.
- His team split the two matchups he’s appeared in this season.
- Verlander’s two starts with a total this season both went under.
Projected starter: Ross Stripling
- Stripling helped his team cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- This will be his first start this season with his team as the moneyline underdog.
- Stripling’s team won in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Stripling with a total this season hit the under.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Alex Bregman has sent home a team-high eight runs batted in.
- In baseball, Bregman ranks 31st in homers and 27th in RBI.
- Jeremy Pena has a club-best .308 batting average.
- Pena ranks 31st in home runs among hitters in MLB and 109th in RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez paces the Astros with three home runs.
- Michael Brantley is batting .267 with two doubles, a home run and four walks.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads Toronto in batting average (.304), home runs (five) and runs batted in (11) this season.
- Guerrero is second in homers and fifth in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. has 14 hits and an OBP of .340 to go with a slugging percentage of .354 this season.
- Gurriel ranks 195th overall in home runs and 78th in RBI this year.
- George Springer has 13 hits this season and a slash line of .265/.315/.469.
- Springer heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .154 with an RBI.
- Matt Chapman has 12 hits and an OBP of .347 to go with a slugging percentage of .455 this season.
- Chapman takes a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .381 with a double, a home run and four RBI.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.