The Detroit Tigers (5-7) and Colorado Rockies (8-4) clash on Friday at 7:10 PM ET, beginning a three-game series at Comerica Park.
The favored Tigers (-129 on the moneyline to win) host the Rockies (+109). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Detroit Tigers looking to Tarik Skubal (0-1), and Antonio Senzatela (1-0) getting the nod for the Colorado Rockies. The matchup has an over/under of 8 total runs.
Tigers vs. Rockies Predictions
Tigers vs. Rockies Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Tigers vs. Rockies Hitting Splits 2021
- The Tigers averaged one home run per home game last season (81 total at home).
- The Tigers averaged 2.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .397 in home contests.
- The team batted .242 with 631 hits (7.8 per game) at home last season.
- The Tigers averaged 4.1 runs per home game.
- The Tigers had a .311 on-base percentage and averaged three walks per game at home.
- In home games last season the team averaged 8.9 strikeouts per game.
- In 80 games on the road last season, they hit 78 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .352 in away games last season with 191 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 7.2 base hits per game and had a .217 batting average on the road last season.
- In 80 road games last season, they scored 3.5 runs per contest.
- When they played on the road last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .291 and drew 3.2 walks per game.
- They struck out 9.4 times per game in 80 away games last season.
Tigers vs. Rockies Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Tarik Skubal
- Skubal has started two games with set spreads, and the Tigers went 1-1-0.
- The Tigers have not been favored on the moneyline when Skubal starts this season.
- His team split the two games he’s appeared in this season.
- Skubal’s two starts with a total this season finished 1-1-0 against the total.
Projected starter: Antonio Senzatela
- Senzatela has a record of 2-0-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Senzatela’s team is 2-0 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Senzatela this season, the teams hit the over.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Austin Meadows is batting .306 with a double, a triple and six walks.
- Among hitters in MLB play, Meadows ranks 195th in home runs and 109th in RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson has shown off his power as he paces his team with two home runs and five runs batted in.
- Torkelson ranks 31st in homers and 78th in RBI this season.
- Miguel Cabrera has racked up a team-high batting average of .308.
- Cabrera has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with a double and two walks.
- Victor Reyes is hitting .261 with a double, a triple and two walks.
Tigers Batting Leaders
- C.J. Cron is batting .333 this season with a team-high six home runs and 16 RBI.
- Cron’s home run total ranks first in the big leagues, and he is second in RBI.
- Cron heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with two doubles, three home runs, two walks and nine RBI.
- Connor Joe’s batting average of .349 leads all Colorado hitters this season.
- Joe ranks 31st among hitters in MLB in homers, and 109th in RBI.
- Joe has safely hit in eight games in a row. During his last 10 games he is batting .350 with three doubles, a triple, two home runs, six walks and four RBI.
- Kris Bryant is batting .349 to lead Colorado this season.
- Bryant has safely hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Ryan McMahon is batting .225 with an OBP of .326 and a slugging percentage of .425 this season.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.