The Atlanta Braves (6-8) host the Miami Marlins (5-6) at 7:20 PM ET on Friday, a game featuring two of MLB’s most consistent hitters. Matt Olson has an average of .400 (third in league) for the Braves, while Jesus Sanchez is 10th at .356 for the Marlins.
The Braves are a home favorite (-148) against the Marlins (+126). The Atlanta Braves will hand the ball to Kyle Wright (1-0, 3.60 ERA) looking for win No. 2 on the season, and the Marlins will counter with Trevor Rogers (0-1, 3.60). The total for the game is set at 8.5 total runs.
Braves vs. Marlins Predictions
Braves vs. Marlins Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Braves vs. Marlins Hitting Splits 2021
- Atlanta has a 1-2 record over the three games it was moneyline favorites in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Braves combined with their opponents to go over the total four times.
- Atlanta’s record against the spread is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- In 81 games on the road last season, they hit 87 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They slugged .375 in 81 road games last season.
- They averaged 7.6 base hits per game and had a .227 batting average on the road last season.
- In 81 road games last season, they scored 3.7 runs per contest.
- They got on base at a .294 clip with 2.8 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- They struck out 10.0 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Braves vs. Marlins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Kyle Wright
- Wright has started two games with set spreads, and the Braves went 1-1-0.
- The Braves were favored on the moneyline for one Wright start this season — they won.
- His team won both of the games he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Wright’s two starts with a total this season both went under.
Projected starter: Trevor Rogers
- Rogers helped his team cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Rogers’ team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Rogers with a total this season hit the under.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Olson has racked up a team-best batting average of .400.
- Olson ranks 34th in homers and 216th in RBI among all hitters in MLB play.
- Marcell Ozuna has put up nine runs batted in to lead his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Ozuna ranks fifth in homers and 19th in RBI.
- Ozuna has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .211 with a double, two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Ozzie Albies has put up a team-best five home runs and nine runs batted in.
- Travis d’Arnaud is batting .297 with two home runs.
- d’Arnaud takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a home run and two RBI.
Braves Batting Leaders
- Sanchez leads Miami in homers with three while also maintaining a team-best .356 batting average.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Sanchez’s home run total is 13th, and his RBI total is 19th.
- Jazz Chisholm leads Miami in home runs (three) and runs batted in (12) this season while batting .290.
- Chisholm ranks 13th among batters in the majors in home runs, and fifth in RBI.
- Joey Wendle is slashing .333/.389/.424 this season for the Marlins.
- Miguel Rojas is batting .171 with an OBP of .216 and a slugging percentage of .257 this season.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.