The St. Louis Cardinals (6-3) are looking for another strong showing from a batter on a roll versus the Miami Marlins (4-5) on Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET, at loanDepot park. Nolan Arenado is riding a two-game homer streak.
The favored Marlins (-132 moneyline odds to win) play at home against the Cardinals (+113). The Marlins will give the ball to Sandy Alcantara (1-0) versus the Cardinals and Miles Mikolas (1-0). The contest has a set total of 7.5.
Marlins vs. Cardinals Predictions
Marlins vs. Cardinals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Marlins vs. Cardinals Hitting Splits 2021
- The Marlins averaged 0.9 homers per home game last season (71 total at home).
- The Marlins averaged 2.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .369 in home contests.
- The team batted .238 with 630 hits (7.8 per game) at home last season.
- The Marlins averaged four runs per game at home.
- The Marlins had a .303 on-base percentage and averaged 2.7 walks per game at home.
- They averaged 9.2 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- In 81 games on the road last season, they hit 121 homers, an average of 1.5 per contest.
- They slugged .436 in 81 road games last season.
- In away games last season, they had a .246 AVG with 8.3 base hits per contest.
- They scored 4.9 runs per game last season on the road.
- They got on base at a .316 clip with 3.1 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- They struck out 8.8 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Marlins vs. Cardinals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Sandy Alcantara
- Alcantara has started two games with set spreads, and the Marlins went 1-1-0.
- The Marlins were named the moneyline favorite for one Alcantara start this season — they won.
- His team split the two matchups he’s appeared in this season.
- Alcantara’s two starts with a total this season finished 1-1-0 against the total.
Projected starter: Miles Mikolas
- Mikolas has a record of 2-0-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Mikolas’ team is 2-0 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Mikolas this season, the teams hit the over once.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Jesus Sanchez has a team-high two homers.
- Sanchez ranks 26th in homers and 18th in RBI among all batters in MLB play.
- Jazz Chisholm’s two home runs and 10 runs batted in both lead his team.
- Chisholm ranks 26th in home runs among hitters in baseball and sixth in RBI.
- Joey Wendle paces the Marlins with a team-high batting average of .385.
- Wendle brings a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .375 with two doubles, a walk and four RBI.
- Bryan De La Cruz is batting .500 with a home run and three walks.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Arenado is batting .382 with four home runs and 12 RBI. All three of those stats rank first among St. Louis hitters this season.
- Arenado’s home run total ranks fourth in the majors, and he is fourth in RBI.
- Arenado heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Tommy Edman has collected 11 hits this season and has an OBP of .412. He’s slugging .742 on the year.
- Edman is eighth in homers and 30th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Edman enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a triple, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Tyler O’Neill has nine hits this season and a slash line of .281/.359/.406.
- Albert Pujols has collected seven hits this season and has an OBP of .476. He’s slugging .778 on the year.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.