The Toronto Blue Jays (6-5) will look for another big outing from a hitter on a roll versus the Boston Red Sox (6-4) on Wednesday at 7:10 PM ET, at Fenway Park. Danny Jansen is riding a two-game homer streak.
The Red Sox (+117 underdog moneyline odds to win) hit the field versus the Blue Jays (-138). The Blue Jays will start Jose Berrios versus the Red Sox and Nick Pivetta (0-2). The total for the game is set at 9.5 total runs.
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Predictions
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Hitting Splits 2021
- The Blue Jays averaged 1.6 home runs per game when playing on the road last season (127 total in road contests).
- The Blue Jays averaged 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .446 away from home.
- The club batted .258 with 708 hits (8.7 per game) on the road last season.
- The Blue Jays’ offense averaged 4.9 runs in road games.
- The Blue Jays had a .325 on-base percentage and averaged 3.1 walks per game on the road.
- On the road last season the club averaged 7.7 strikeouts per game.
- In 81 games at home last season, they hit 108 homers, an average of 1.3 per contest.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .481 in home games last season with 314 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 9.4 base hits per game and hit .281 as a team at home last season.
- They scored 5.8 runs per game last season at home.
- When they played at home last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .350 and drew 3.3 walks per game.
- They struck out 7.7 times per game in 81 home games last season.
Blue Jays vs. Red Sox Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: José Berríos
- Berrios has started two games with set spreads, and the Blue Jays covered in both opportunities.
- The Blue Jays were favored on the moneyline for one Berrios start this season — they won.
- His team won both of the games he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Berrios’ two starts with a total this season both went over.
Projected starter: Nick Pivetta
- Pivetta has a record of 0-2-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Pivetta’s team is 0-2 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Pivetta this season, the teams hit the over once.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has accumulated a team-high batting average of .317, and paces the Blue Jays in home runs (five) and runs batted in (10).
- Among all hitters in MLB, Guerrero’s home run total ranks first and his RBI tally ranks fifth.
- George Springer has four doubles, two home runs and two walks while batting .267.
- Springer ranks 23rd in homers and 61st in RBI among batters in MLB action.
- Springer enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .111 with a double.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. has three doubles and two walks while hitting .275.
- Zack Collins has two doubles, two home runs and a walk while hitting .400.
Blue Jays Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers leads Boston with a batting average of .333. He’s also hit two home runs with seven RBI.
- Devers is 23rd in home runs and 25th in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Devers has safely hit in six games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is batting .333 with three doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .303 this season with a team-high three home runs and eight RBI.
- Verdugo is eighth in home runs and 17th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Kike Hernandez has eight hits this season and a slash line of .195/.298/.415.
- Hernandez has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .300 with four doubles, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- J.D. Martinez is batting .235 with an OBP of .341 and a slugging percentage of .441 this season.
- Martinez heads into this matchup on a six-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .235 with four doubles, a home run, five walks and six RBI.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.