The New York Mets (8-3) aim to prolong their three-game winning streak when they take on the San Francisco Giants (6-4) on Wednesday at 7:10 PM ET, at Citi Field.
The Giants (-112 moneyline odds to win) and the Mets (-106) will square off in a projected close matchup. The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the San Francisco Giants looking to Carlos Rodon (1-0), and Chris Bassitt (2-0) getting the nod for the New York Mets. The contest has an over/under of 7.
Giants vs. Mets Predictions
Giants vs. Mets Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Giants vs. Mets Hitting Splits 2021
- The Giants hit 137 home runs on the road last season (1.7 per game).
- The Giants averaged 3.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .441 on the road.
- The team averaged 8.5 hits per game and batted .244 on the road last season.
- The Giants scored an average of 5.2 runs per game on the road.
- The Giants had a .319 on-base percentage and averaged 3.5 walks per game on the road.
- On the road last season the club averaged 9.3 strikeouts per game.
- In 81 games at home last season, they hit 77 homers, an average of 1.0 per contest.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a .387 SLG with 193 hits going for extra bases.
- They averaged 7.4 base hits per game and hit .243 as a team at home last season.
- They scored 3.7 runs per game last season at home.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a team OBP of .323 with 3.0 walks drawn per contest.
- They struck out 655 times in 81 games last season, an average of 8.1 per contest.
Giants vs. Mets Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Carlos Rodón
- Rodon has started two games with set spreads, and the Giants went 1-1-0.
- The Giants were named the moneyline favorite for two Rodon starts this season — they split the games.
- His team split the two matchups he’s appeared in this season.
- Rodon’s two starts with a total this season both went under.
Projected starter: Chris Bassitt
- Bassitt has a record of 2-0-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- This will be his first start this season with his team as the moneyline underdog.
- Bassitt’s team is 2-0 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Bassitt this season, the teams hit the over once.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Brandon Belt paces the Giants with five runs batted in while racking up a team-high batting average of .290.
- Belt ranks 23rd in homers and 61st in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Belt has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with a home run, five walks and four RBI.
- Joc Pederson has hit three home runs to lead his team.
- Pederson ranks eighth in home runs among hitters in MLB play and 135th in RBI.
- Pederson has safely hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with three home runs and three RBI.
- Thairo Estrada is batting .216 with a double, a home run and a walk.
- Wilmer Flores has two doubles, a home run and two walks while hitting .200.
- Flores has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Francisco Lindor leads New York in homers with three while also maintaining a team-best .317 batting average.
- In all of MLB, Lindor ranks eighth in home runs and 10th in RBI.
- Lindor takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is batting .333 with four doubles, three home runs, eight walks and eight RBI.
- Pete Alonso leads New York in home runs with three and runs batted in with 14.
- Alonso is eighth among hitters in MLB in homers, and second in RBI.
- Alonso has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .125 with a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Starling Marte has nine hits this season and a slash line of .220/.289/.366.
- Eduardo Escobar has 10 hits and an OBP of .419 to go with a slugging percentage of .486 this season.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.