The St. Louis Cardinals (5-3) and Miami Marlins (4-4) clash in the first of a three-game series on Tuesday at loanDepot park, at 6:40 PM ET. The Cardinals are coming off a series split with the Brewers, and the Marlins a series win over the Phillies.
The Marlins are an underdog (+135 on the moneyline to win) when they host the Cardinals (-155). The Cardinals will give the ball to Jordan Hicks versus the Marlins and Jesus Luzardo. The contest has an over/under of 7.5.
Cardinals vs. Marlins Predictions
Cardinals vs. Marlins Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Cardinals vs. Marlins Hitting Splits 2021
- The Cardinals averaged 1.5 home runs per game when playing on the road last season (121 total in road outings).
- The Cardinals averaged 3.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .436 away from home.
- The club batted .246 with 676 hits (8.3 per game) on the road last season.
- The Cardinals’ offense averaged 4.9 runs in road games.
- The Cardinals averaged 3.1 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .436 in road contests.
- On the road last season the team averaged 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 71 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a .369 SLG with 187 hits going for extra bases.
- They averaged 7.8 base hits per game and hit .238 as a team at home last season.
- In 81 home games last season, they scored 4 runs per contest.
- When they played at home last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .303 and drew 2.7 walks per game.
- They struck out 9.2 times per game in 81 home games last season.
Cardinals vs. Marlins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Jordan Hicks
- Last season Hicks did not pitch in a game with a spread.
- Hicks and his team were moneyline underdogs every time he pitched a season ago.
Projected starter: Jesús Luzardo
- Luzardo helped his team cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Luzardo’s team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Luzardo with a total this season hit the under.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt racked up 177 hits with a batting average of .294 last season.
- Nolan Arenado had 34 home runs and 105 runs batted in a season ago.
- Tommy Edman hit .262 a season ago with 41 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 38 walks.
- Tyler O’Neill powered out 34 home runs a season ago while slugging .560.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Avisail Garcia slugged 29 homers last season while driving in 86 runs.
- Jesus Aguilar finished with 93 RBI while batting .261 and hitting 22 homers.
- Jorge Soler finished with a .223 average, 27 home runs and 70 RBI last season.
- Miguel Rojas posted a .265 average with nine homers and 48 RBI.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.