The New York Yankees (5-5) and Detroit Tigers (4-5) square off in the first of a three-game series on Tuesday at Comerica Park, at 6:40 PM ET. The Yankees are coming off a series defeat to the Orioles, and the Tigers a series win over the Royals.
The Tigers are home underdogs (+180) against the Yankees (-220). The starting pitchers are Gerrit Cole for the New York Yankees, and Tyler Alexander for the Detroit Tigers. The contest has a set total of 8.
Yankees vs. Tigers Predictions
Yankees vs. Tigers Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Yankees vs. Tigers Hitting Splits 2021
- The Yankees hit 116 home runs on the road last season (1.4 per game).
- The Yankees averaged three extra-base hits per game while slugging .416 on the road.
- The team batted .242 with 669 hits (8.3 per game) on the road last season.
- The Yankees’ offense averaged 4.4 runs in road games.
- The Yankees averaged 3.7 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .416 in road contests.
- On the road last season the club averaged 9.3 strikeouts per game.
- In 81 games at home last season, they hit 81 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a .397 SLG with 216 hits going for extra bases.
- In home games last season, they had a .242 AVG with 7.8 base hits per contest.
- In 81 home games last season, they scored 4.1 runs per contest.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a team OBP of .311 with three walks drawn per contest.
- They struck out 8.9 times per game in 81 home games last season.
Yankees vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Gerrit Cole
- Cole has started two games with set spreads, and the Yankees failed to cover in both chances.
- The Yankees were the moneyline favorite for two Cole starts this season — they split the games.
- His team split the two games he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Cole’s two starts with a total this season both went over.
Projected starter: Tyler Alexander
- Alexander and his team failed to cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Alexander’s team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Alexander with a total this season hit the under.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Anthony Rizzo leads the Yankees in home runs (three) and runs batted in (eight).
- Rizzo’s home runs rank seventh in MLB and he ranks 11th in RBI in MLB.
- Rizzo takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .176 with a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Aaron Judge has three doubles, a home run and five walks while batting .257.
- Judge ranks 62nd in homers and 242nd in RBI this season.
- Judge has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .267 with a double, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Aaron Hicks has racked up a team-high batting average of .333.
- Hicks heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .357 with two walks.
- DJ LeMahieu has two doubles, a home run and three walks while batting .321.
- LeMahieu takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .444 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Austin Meadows leads Detroit with a .417 batting average.
- Meadows ranks 171st in home runs and 168th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Meadows enters this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .389 with a walk and two RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson leads Detroit in home runs with two and runs batted in with five.
- Torkelson is 20th in home runs and 52nd in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Torkelson brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .400 with a double, two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Eric Haase has four hits this season and a slash line of .190/.261/.381.
- Miguel Cabrera has collected eight hits this season and has an OBP of .333. He’s slugging .345 on the year.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.