The Kansas City Royals (3-5) host the Minnesota Twins (2-6) in AL Central play, at 8:10 PM ET on Tuesday.
Oddsmakers project the Twins as a close favorite (-117 moneyline odds) against the Royals (-102). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Minnesota Twins looking to Chris Archer, and Carlos Hernandez getting the nod for the Kansas City Royals. The contest has an over/under of 7.5.
Twins vs. Royals Predictions
Twins vs. Royals Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Twins vs. Royals Hitting Splits 2021
- The Twins averaged 1.4 homers per game when playing on the road last season (116 total in road contests).
- The Twins slugged .427 with 3.3 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club batted .244 with 678 hits (8.4 per game) on the road last season.
- The Twins scored an average of 4.5 runs per game on the road.
- The Twins averaged 3.1 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .427 in road contests.
- The team averaged nine strikeouts per game last season on the road.
- They hit 76 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .409 in home games last season with 230 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 8.7 base hits per game and hit .261 as a team at home last season.
- In 81 home games last season, they scored 4.7 runs per contest.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a team OBP of .322 with 2.8 walks drawn per contest.
- They struck out 7.4 times per game in 81 home games last season.
Twins vs. Royals Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Chris Archer
- Archer has started just one game with a set spread, which the Twins failed to cover.
- The Twins have not been a moneyline favorite when Archer starts this season.
- His team lost the only game he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Archer’s only start with a total this season pushed.
Projected starter: Carlos Hernández
- Hernandez and his team failed to cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Hernandez’s team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Hernandez with a total this season hit the over.
Twins Batting Leaders
- Luis Arraez paces the Twins with a team-best batting average of .217.
- Arraez’s home runs rank 62nd in MLB and he ranks 120th in RBI in MLB.
- Max Kepler is batting .192 with a double, a home run and three walks.
- Kepler currently ranks 62nd in homers and 120th in RBI in the majors.
- Byron Buxton leads the Twins with three home runs.
- Gio Urshela is hitting .222 with a home run and two walks.
Twins Batting Leaders
- Andrew Benintendi leads Kansas City in runs batted in with four while batting .357, which is also best on the team.
- Among all batters in MLB, Benintendi is 62nd in home runs and 81st in RBI.
- Hunter Dozier has nine hits and an OBP of .357 to go with a slugging percentage of .556 this season.
- Dozier ranks 62nd among hitters in the majors in home runs, and 120th in RBI.
- Michael A. Taylor is slashing .217/.308/.348 this season for the Royals.
- Nicky Lopez has collected eight hits this season and has an OBP of .375. He’s slugging .391 on the year.
- Lopez heads into this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with an RBI.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.