The Washington Nationals (4-6) and Arizona Diamondbacks (3-6) square off in the first of a four-game series on Monday at Nationals Park, at 7:05 PM ET. The Nationals are coming off a series defeat to the Pirates, and the Diamondbacks a series loss to the Mets.
The Nationals are favored (-139 on the moneyline to win) when they square off against the Diamondbacks (+118). The Nationals will give the ball to Josiah Gray (1-0) against the Diamondbacks and Madison Bumgarner. The over/under for this game is set at 8.5.
Nationals vs. Diamondbacks Predictions
Nationals vs. Diamondbacks Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Nationals vs. Diamondbacks Hitting Splits 2021
- The Nationals hit 95 homers at home last season (1.2 per game).
- The Nationals averaged 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .431 in home contests.
- The club averaged 8.5 hits per game and batted .265 at home last season.
- The Nationals’ offense averaged 4.3 runs in home games.
- The Nationals had a .340 on-base percentage and averaged 3.3 walks per game at home.
- They averaged 7.4 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- They hit 75 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They slugged .362 in 81 road games last season.
- In away games last season, they had a .222 AVG with 7.6 base hits per contest.
- They scored 3.8 runs per game last season on the road.
- They got on base at a .296 clip with 3.3 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- In 81 road games last season, they averaged 9.5 strikeouts per contest.
Nationals vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Josiah Gray
- Gray has started only one game with a set spread, which the Nationals covered.
- The Nationals have not been a moneyline favorite when Gray starts this season.
- His team won the only game he’s appeared in this season.
- Gray’s lone start with a total this season went under.
Projected starter: Madison Bumgarner
- Bumgarner has a record of 2-0-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team is 1-1 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Bumgarner’s team is 1-1 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Bumgarner this season, the teams did not hit the over both times.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Juan Soto accumulated a batting average of .313 with 95 runs batted in last season.
- Josh Bell had 24 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 65 walks while batting .261.
- Nelson Cruz hit 32 home runs while slugging .497 last season.
- Cesar Hernandez hit .232 with 21 doubles, two triples, 21 home runs and 59 walks.
Nationals Batting Leaders
- Seth Beer leads Arizona in runs batted in with five while batting .381.
- Beer’s home run total ranks 62nd in the big leagues, and he is 51st in RBI.
- Beer brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .500 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
- Cooper Hummel has collected two hits this season and has an OBP of .391. He’s slugging .312 on the year.
- Hummel is 62nd in homers and 118th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Christian Walker leads Arizona in home runs with two. He’s driven in two runs and is slugging .355.
- Ketel Marte leads Arizona with a .212 batting average.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.