The Tampa Bay Rays (5-4) are looking for continued production from a hitter on a roll versus the Chicago Cubs (5-4) on Monday at 7:40 PM ET, at Wrigley Field. Ji-Man Choi is on a two-game homer streak.
The Rays are the road favorite (-151) versus the Cubs (+129). The Tampa Bay Rays will give the start to Shane McClanahan (0-1, 7.00 ERA) looking for win No. 1 on the season, and the Cubs will counter with Kyle Hendricks (0-1, 7.00).
Rays vs. Cubs Predictions
Rays vs. Cubs Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Rays vs. Cubs Hitting Splits 2021
- The Rays hit 127 homers away from home last season (1.6 per game).
- The Rays slugged .440 with 3.6 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The team averaged 8.7 hits per game and batted .244 on the road last season.
- The Rays scored an average of 5.6 runs per game on the road.
- The Rays had a .314 on-base percentage and averaged 3.4 walks per game on the road.
- On the road last season the club averaged 9.7 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 111 homers, an average of 1.4 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .421 in home games last season with 228 extra-base hits.
- In home games last season, they had a .240 AVG with 7.6 base hits per contest.
- They scored 4.6 runs per game last season at home.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a team OBP of .319 with 3.3 walks drawn per contest.
- They struck out 792 times in 81 games last season, an average of 9.8 per contest.
Rays vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Shane McClanahan
- McClanahan has started two games with set spreads, and the Rays failed to cover in both chances.
- The Rays were named the moneyline favorite for two McClanahan starts this season — they split the games.
- His team split the two games he’s appeared in this season.
- McClanahan’s two starts with a total this season both went under.
Projected starter: Kyle Hendricks
- Hendricks has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Hendricks’ team is 1-1 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Hendricks this season, the teams did not hit the over.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Choi is batting .444 with three doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
- Choi’s home runs rank 20th in MLB and he ranks 35th in RBI in MLB.
- Choi enters this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .417 with two doubles, two home runs, six walks and five RBI.
- Wander Franco has four doubles, a triple and a walk while batting .342.
- Franco ranks 171st in homers and 51st in RBI among MLB hitters this season.
- Brandon Lowe has hit a team-high three home runs.
- Lowe heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .158 with a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Manuel Margot has a club-leading .367 batting average.
Rays Batting Leaders
- Seiya Suzuki leads Chicago in home runs with four, runs batted in with 11 and his batting average of .400 is also best on his team.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Suzuki’s home run total is third, and his RBI total is fourth.
- Suzuki brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .385 with two doubles, a home run, five walks and three RBI.
- Willson Contreras is batting .286 with an OBP of .375 and a slugging percentage of .607 this season.
- Contreras is 20th overall in homers and 118th in RBI this year.
- Contreras has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .318 with three doubles, two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Jonathan Villar has collected nine base hits, an OBP of .500 and a slugging percentage of .579 this season.
- Frank Schwindel has nine hits and an OBP of .297 to go with a slugging percentage of .371 this season.
- Schwindel brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.