The New Orleans Pelicans are 10.5-point underdogs heading into Game 2 of the opening round of the NBA Playoffs against the Phoenix Suns at Footprint Center on Tuesday, starting at 10:00 PM ET. The Suns have a 1-0 series lead. The point total in the matchup is set at 222.5.
Suns vs. Pelicans Predictions
Suns vs. Pelicans Betting Odds
Suns vs. Pelicans Last 10 Games
- Phoenix is 6-4 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- The final combined score of the past 10 Suns games has gone over the set total twice.
- The Suns’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 226.7 points scored. That’s 4.2 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the last 10 games, the Suns are scoring 1.7 points less per game compared to their season average.
- New Orleans has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 New Orleans games have surpassed the set total three times.
- The past 10 Pelicans games averaged 3.9 more points (226.4) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Pelicans have scored 2.7 more points per contest compared to their 109.3 PPG season-long scoring average.
Suns vs. Pelicans Betting Trends
- Phoenix has covered the spread 45 times over 83 games with a set spread.
- The Suns have an ATS record of 8-9 when playing as at least 10.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Phoenix have hit the over 41 times out of 83 chances this season.
- The Suns are shooting 48.5% from the field this season, 1.4 percentage points higher than the 47.1% the Pelicans allow to opponents.
- Phoenix has a 32-21 record against the spread and a 46-7 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 47.1% from the field.
- New Orleans has registered a 42-41-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Pelicans have an ATS record of 2-2 when playing as at least 10.5-point underdogs.
- This season, 34 of New Orleans’ games have gone over the point total out of 83 chances.
- New Orleans has put together a 29-14 record against the spread and a 27-16 straight up record in games it shoots higher than 44.4% from the field.
Suns vs. Pelicans Over/Under Trends
- This season, Phoenix games have gone over this game’s 222.5-point total 41 times.
- There have been 35 New Orleans games that have ended with a combined score higher than 222.5 points this season.
- The point total for the game of 222.5 is 1.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Suns (114.8 points per game) and the Pelicans (109.3 points per game).
- This game’s over/under is 4.9 fewer points than the 217.6 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The Suns have seen a 222.8 average over/under in their games this season, 0.3 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 2.1 points separates this game’s over/under (222.5 points) and the average total points bet in Pelicans’ games (220.4 points) this season.
Suns Team Leaders
- Devin Booker: 26.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.6 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (183-for-478)
- Chris Paul: 14.7 PTS, 10.8 AST, 1.9 STL, 49.3 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (63-for-199)
- Mikal Bridges: 14.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 53.4 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (115-for-312)
- Deandre Ayton: 17.2 PTS, 10.2 REB, 63.4 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (7-for-19)
- JaVale McGee: 9.2 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 62.9 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (2-for-9)
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valančiūnas: 17.8 PTS, 11.4 REB, 54.4 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (57-for-158)
- Devonte’ Graham: 11.9 PTS, 36.3 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (192-for-563)
- Herbert Jones: 9.5 PTS, 1.7 STL, 47.6 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (57-for-169)
- Jaxson Hayes: 9.3 PTS, 61.6 FG%, 35.1 3PT% (20-for-57)
- Garrett Temple: 5.2 PTS, 37.6 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (59-for-185)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.