The Milwaukee Brewers (5-5) host the Pittsburgh Pirates (5-4) to kick off a three-game series at American Family Field, with first pitch at 7:40 PM ET on Monday. The Brewers are coming off a series split with the Cardinals, and the Pirates a series win over the Nationals.
The Brewers are a home favorite (-179) versus the Pirates (+153). The Milwaukee Brewers will give the start to Eric Lauer (0-0, 4.50 ERA) looking for win No. 1 on the season, and the Pirates will counter with Zach Thompson. The game’s over/under is 8.5.
Brewers vs. Pirates Predictions
Brewers vs. Pirates Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Brewers vs. Pirates Hitting Splits 2021
- The Brewers averaged 1.2 homers per home game last season (95 total at home).
- The Brewers averaged 2.7 extra-base hits per game while slugging .384 in home contests.
- The club batted .222 with 575 hits (7.1 per game) at home last season.
- The Brewers averaged 4.3 runs per home game.
- The Brewers had a .315 on-base percentage and averaged 3.9 walks per game at home.
- They averaged 8.8 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- In 81 games on the road last season, they hit 66 homers, an average of 0.8 per contest.
- They slugged .351 in 81 road games last season.
- They averaged 7.6 base hits per game and had a .228 batting average on the road last season.
- They scored 3.4 runs per game last season on the road.
- They got on base at a .297 clip with 3.1 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- They struck out 8.6 times per game in 81 away games last season.
Brewers vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Eric Lauer
- Lauer has started only one game with a set spread, which the Brewers failed to cover.
- The Brewers were favored on the moneyline for one Lauer start this season — they won.
- His team won the only game he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Lauer’s only start with a total this season pushed.
Projected starter: Zach Thompson
- Thompson helped his team cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team won his only start as an underdog this season.
- Thompson’s team won in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Thompson with a total this season hit the under.
Brewers Batting Leaders
- Rowdy Tellez paces the Brewers in home runs (one) and runs batted in (five).
- Among all hitters in MLB, Tellez’s home run total ranks 62nd and his RBI tally ranks 51st.
- Andrew McCutchen has a club-best five runs batted in and .282 batting average.
- McCutchen ranks 171st in home runs and 51st in RBI among MLB batters this season.
- Willy Adames leads the Brewers with one home runs.
- Christian Yelich is batting .200 with three doubles and seven walks.
Brewers Batting Leaders
- Michael Chavis leads Pittsburgh in runs batted in with six and has a batting average of .500.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Chavis ranks 62nd in home runs and 35th in RBI.
- Ben Gamel has six hits and an OBP of .375 to go with a slugging percentage of .385 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Gamel ranks 62nd in home runs and 51st in RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes’ batting average of .400 leads all Pittsburgh hitters this season.
- Hayes has safely hit in four straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .438 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Bryan Reynolds’ two home runs are most among Pittsburgh batters. He’s driven in three runs this season while slugging .455.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.