The Boston Celtics are 3.5-point favorites heading into Game 2 of the opening round of the NBA Playoffs against the Brooklyn Nets at TD Garden on Wednesday, starting at 7:00 PM ET. The Celtics hold a 1-0 series lead. The over/under in the matchup is set at 227.5.
Celtics vs. Nets Predictions
Celtics vs. Nets Betting Odds
Celtics vs. Nets Last 10 Games
- Boston has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Boston’s last 10 contests saw eight go over the total.
- The Celtics’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 222.0 points scored. That’s 5.5 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Celtics have a points-per-game average 11.5 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Brooklyn covered the spread four times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Brooklyn and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Nets games averaged 9.3 more points (236.8) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Nets have scored 4.9 more points per contest compared to their 112.9 PPG season-long scoring average.
Celtics vs. Nets Betting Trends
- Boston has put together a 44-36-3 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 3.5 points or more so far this season, the Celtics went 24-23-2 against the spread.
- Games involving Boston have hit the over 42 times out of 83 chances this season.
- The Celtics are shooting 46.6% from the field this season, 1.4 percentage points higher than the 45.2% the Nets allow to opponents.
- In games Boston shoots better than 45.2% from the field, it is 33-12-2 against the spread and 39-8 overall.
- Brooklyn has registered a 35-47-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Nets are 7-7-1 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- This year, Brooklyn’s games have hit the over 42 times out of 83 chances.
- The Nets have shot at a 47.5% clip from the field this season, 4.1 percentage points greater than the 43.4% shooting opponents of the Celtics have averaged.
- This season, Brooklyn has a 32-31-1 record against the spread and a 43-21 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 43.4% from the field.
Celtics vs. Nets Over/Under Trends
- Boston and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (227.5 points) 20 times this season.
- There have been 33 Brooklyn games that have ended with a combined score over 227.5 points this season.
- The Celtics average 111.8 points per game against the Nets’ 112.9, amounting to 2.8 points under the game’s point total of 227.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 216.6 points per game, 10.9 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Celtics games is 11.5 points fewer than the over/under of 227.5 points in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 2.9 points more than the average over/under in Nets’ games this season (224.6 points).
Celtics Team Leaders
- Jayson Tatum: 26.9 PTS, 8.0 REB, 45.3 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (230-for-651)
- Jaylen Brown: 23.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 47.3 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (166-for-464)
- Marcus Smart: 12.1 PTS, 5.9 AST, 1.7 STL, 41.8 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (119-for-360)
- Al Horford: 10.2 PTS, 7.7 REB, 1.3 BLK, 46.7 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (89-for-265)
- Robert Williams III: 10.0 PTS, 9.6 REB, 2.2 BLK, 73.6 FG%
Nets Team Leaders
- Kevin Durant: 29.9 PTS, 7.4 REB, 6.4 AST, 51.8 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (115-for-300)
- Patty Mills: 11.4 PTS, 40.8 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (227-for-568)
- LaMarcus Aldridge: 12.9 PTS, 55.0 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (14-for-46)
- Nicolas Claxton: 8.7 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 67.4 FG%
- Blake Griffin: 6.4 PTS, 42.5 FG%, 26.2 3PT% (38-for-145)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.